We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Understanding Pathophysiology PDF 7th Edition.
Master the important pathophysiology concepts you need to know with the most engaging and reader-friendly text available.
Filled with vibrant illustrations and complemented by online resources that bring pathophysiology concepts to life, Understanding Pathophysiology, 6th Edition continues its tradition of delivering the most accurate information on treatments, manifestations, and mechanisms of disease across the lifespan, giving you the fundamental knowledge needed to move forward in your nursing education and career.
New additions include a new chapter on epigenetics, new content on rare diseases, a separate chapter for male and female reproductive alterations, streamlined features, simplified language, and fully updated information throughout.
Features of Understanding Pathophysiology.
- Introduction to Pathophysiology in the front matter section provides an intro to the subject of pathophysiology and explains why it is important.
- Consistent presentation helps readers better distinguish pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment for each disease.
- More than 1,000 high-quality illustrations vividly depict clinical manifestations and cellular mechanisms underlying diseases.
- Lifespan coverage details age-specific conditions affecting pediatric, adult, and aging patients in depth.
- Algorithms throughout the text clarify disease progression.
- Risk Factor boxes alert readers to important safety considerations associated with specific diseases.
- Health Alert boxes highlight new developments in biological research, diagnostic studies, preventive care, treatments, and more.
- Quick Check boxes test readers’ retention of important chapter concepts.
- Geriatric Considerations boxes and Pediatric Considerations boxes highlight key considerations for these demographics in relevant chapters.
- Did You Understand? sections provide a fast and efficient review of chapter content.
- Chapter outlines help readers find specific information with ease.
- Chapter introductions explain why chapter content is important and how it fits into a broader health care context.
- Key terms are bolded throughout the text for fast, easy reference.
- A glossary of selected terms familiarizes readers with the most difficult or important terminology.
Table of Contents.
PART ONE: BASIC CONCEPTS OF PATHOPHYSIOLOGY.
Unit 1: The Cell.
- Cellular Biology.
- Genes and Genetic Diseases.
- Epigenetics and Disease (NEW).
- Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology.
- Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids and Bases.
Unit 2: Mechanisms of Self-Defense.
- Innate Immunity: Inflammation and Wound Healing
- Adaptive Immunity.
- Infection and Defects in Mechanisms of Defense.
- Stress and Disease.
Unit 3: Cellular Proliferation: Cancer.
- Biology of Cancer.
- Cancer Epidemiology.
- Cancer in Children and Adolescents.
PART TWO: BODY SYSTEMS AND DISEASES
Unit 4: The Neurologic System.
- Structure and Function of the Neurologic System.
- Pain, Temperature, Sleep, and Sensory Function.
- Alterations in Cognitive Systems, Cerebral Hemodynamics, and Motor Function.
- Disorders of the Central and Peripheral Nervous Systems and Neuromuscular Junction.
- Alterations of Neurologic Function in Children.
Unit 5: The Endocrine System.
- Mechanisms of Hormonal Regulation.
- Alterations of Hormonal Regulation.
Unit 6: The Hematologic System.
- Structure and Function of the Hematologic System.
- Alterations in Hematologic Function.
- Alterations of Hematologic Function in Children.
Unit 7: The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems.
- Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems.
- Alterations of Cardiovascular Function.
- Alterations of Cardiovascular Function in Children.
Unit 8: The Pulmonary System.
- Structure and Function of the Pulmonary System.
- Alterations of Pulmonary Function.
- Alterations of Pulmonary Function in Children.
Unit 9: The Renal and Urologic Systems.
- Structure and Function of the Renal and Urologic Systems.
- Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function.
- Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function in Children.
Unit 10: The Reproductive Systems.
- Structure and Function of the Reproductive Systems.
- Alterations of the Female Reproductive System.
- Alterations of the Male Reproductive System.
Unit 11: The Digestive System.
- Structure and Function of the Digestive System.
- Alterations of Digestive Function.
- Alterations in Digestive Function in Children.
Unit 12: The Musculoskeletal and Integumentary Systems.
- Structure and Function of the Musculoskeletal System.
- Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function.
- Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function in Children.
- Structure, Function, and Disorders of the Integument.
- Alterations of the Integument in Children.
Understanding Pathophysiology PDF Download
You can download Understanding Pathophysiology PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.
Medicos Ideas work in the way you do, Smarty. While you are downloading PDFs straight on your device, we want you to grab one more great book and to see you become a better Ebooks Manager. And If you like our work kindly do support us.
Download The Best Standard Book of Pathology