We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Springer Textbook of Hernia PDF.
This textbook provides a comprehensive, state-of-the-art review of the field of hernia surgery, and will serve as a valuable resource for clinicians, surgeons, and researchers with an interest in both inguinal and ventral/incisional hernia. This book provides an overview of the current understanding of the biological basis of hernia formation as well as laying the foundation for the importance of hernia research and evaluating outcomes in hernia repair. Diagnosis and management strategies for inguinal and ventral hernia are discussed in detail with separate techniques sections for the most widely used procedures in this field as well as emerging technologies such a robotic and single-incision surgery. Pertinent associated topics to inguinal hernia surgery such as the chronic groin and athletic pubalgia are covered in detail. For incisional hernias, associated topics such as hernia prevention and enhanced recovery protocols are discussed. For both inguinal and ventral/incisional hernias mesh choices and available mesh technologies are discussed in detail as this remains an often confusing matter for general surgery. When appropriate, chapters to highlight controversies in care are featured such as the use of synthetic mesh in contaminated surgery and laparoscopic closure of defects in laparoscopic ventral hernia repair. Current recommendations and outcomes data are highlighted when available for each technique.
Textbook of Surgery will serve as a very useful resource for physicians and researchers dealing with, and interested in, abdominal wall hernias. It will provide a concise yet comprehensive summary of the current status of the field that will help guide patient management and stimulate investigative efforts.
Features of Textbook of Hernia.
- Provides a concise yet comprehensive summary.
- Written by experts in the field.
- Provides chapters that highlight controversies in care.
Table Of Content.
- The Biology of Hernia Formation.
- An Introduction to Complex Systems Science and Its Application to Hernia Surgery.
- Evaluating Outcomes and Evidence in Hernia Repair.
- Inguinal Hernia Epidemiology.
- Inguinal Anatomy.
- Diagnostic Considerations in Inguinal Hernia Repair.
- Overview of Modern Surgical Techniques in Inguinal Hernia Repair.
- Anesthetic Considerations in Inguinal Hernia Repair.
- The Shouldice Repair 2016.
- Lichtenstein Tension-Free Hernioplasty.
- The Gilbert Bilayer Connected Device (PHS) and Other Mesh Repairs.
- Laparoscopic TAPP Repair.
- Laparoscopic Totally Extraperitoneal (TEP) Inguinal Hernia Repair.
- Emerging Technology: Open Approaches to Preperitoneal Inguinal Hernia Repair.
- Emerging Technology: SILS Inguinal Hernia Repair.
- Emerging Technology: Robotic Inguinal Hernia Repair.
- Outcomes in Inguinal Hernia Repair.
- Prevention and Evaluation of Chronic Groin Pain.
- An Approach to Inguinal Pain.
- Surgical Management of Chronic Groin Pain.
- Groin Pain in Athletes.
- The Treatment of Incarcerated and Strangulated Inguinal Hernias.
- Introduction and Epidemiology of Incisional Hernias and the Argument for Mesh in Incisional Hernia Repair.
- Abdominal Wall Anatomy.
- Hernia Prevention and the Importance of Laparotomy Closure.
- The Use of Prophylactic Mesh in the Prevention of Incisional and Parastomal Hernia Repair.
- Preoperative Optimization and Enhanced Recovery Protocols in Ventral Hernia Repair.
- Overview of Operative Approaches and Staging Systems for Ventral/Incisional Hernia Repairs.
- Onlay Ventral Hernia Repair.
- Retrorectus Hernia Repair and Transversus Abdominis Release.
- Anterior Component Separation Techniques.
- Endoscopic Component Separation Techniques.
- Alternate Methods to Components Separation.
- Plastic Surgery Considerations for Abdominal Wall Reconstruction.
- Robotic Transabdominal Preperitoneal (rTAPP) Hernia Repair for Ventral Hernias.
- Robotic IPOM-Plus Repair.
- Laparoscopic Closure of Defect.
- Treatment of Incarcerated and Strangulated Ventral and Incisional Hernias.
- Treatment of Atypical Hernias.
- Umbilical Hernias.
- Diastasis Recti.
- Evisceration and Dehiscence.
- Treatment of the Open Abdomen.
- Parastomal Hernia.
- Progressive Preoperative Pneumoperitoneum (PPP).
- Botulinum Toxin Use in Complex Abdominal Wall Hernias.
- Hernia Repair in Underserved Areas.
- Social Media and Education in Hernia Repair.
- Robotic Ventral Hernia Repair.
- Management of Mesh Infection.
Textbook of Hernia PDF Download.
You can download the Textbook of Hernia PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.