We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Current Understanding & New Techniques in Refractive Surgery PDF by Michael O’Keefe. Series: Surgery – Procedures, Complications, and Results.
In this book, we examine the current techniques of refractive surgery and lesser-known areas, and we describe some of the newer techniques. Our intention is to reinforce our understanding of the basic areas of LASEK, LASIK, dry eye, topography, and aberrations.
Features of Current Understanding and New Techniques in Refractive Surgery.
- We have added new and controversial areas of research such as refractive surgery to patients with strabismus and pediatric refractive surgery and have highlighted the current understanding of ectasia and its management.
- Although refractive surgery is popular with up to a 20-year follow-up, little is known about the risk of recurring refractive errors.
- We discuss this in detail and give our own follow-up outcomes. Many regard the frontier as presbyopia, but as it is a moving target, we still lack the information to decide whether the future will be cornea or lens.
- We discuss the current corneal techniques such as Inlays and Supracor, their advantages and disadvantages.
- Our target readers are ophthalmologists in training as well as those who practice refractive surgery.
Table Of Content.
- LASEK Complications
- LASIK Complications
- Dry Eyes in Patients Undergoing Refractive Surgery
- Corneal Ectasia
- Refractive Surgery in Patients with Strabismus
- Pediatric Refractive Surgery
- Intraocular Lens Power Calculations Post Refractive Surgery
- High Order Aberrations
- Medical-Legal Issues
- Long-Term Refractive Changes after Refractive Surgery
- Corneal Topography
- Phakic Intraocular Lens Implants
- Corneal Inlays
- Management of Keratoconus
- Femtosecond Laser Cataract Surgery
- Corneal Grafting
Current Understanding and New Techniques in Refractive Surgery PDF Download.
You can download the Current Understanding and New Techniques in Refractive Surgery PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.