We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Essentials of Medical Microbiology Surinder Kumar.
The standard textbooks in the field of medical microbiology represent 28 years of teaching experience of the author who has left no stone unturned to make this book readable and comprehensive enough to meet the demands of medical students around the world. Essentials of Medical Microbiology PDF has been authored by Surinder Kumar (Director Professor in the Department of Microbiology at MAMC, New Delhi, India).
The content inside the Essentials of Medical Microbiology PDF has been designed to meet the demands of both medical students and healthcare practitioners. This book is also very useful for PG Entrance Exams of India. High-yield medical microbiology facts and pearls have been presented in tabulations and bulleted format to maximize learning. Clinical Case-based essay questions and MCQs are incorporated at end of each chapter, to reinforce the students to prepare for future exams.
Features of Essentials of Medical Microbiology PDF:
- 650+ USMLE-style review questions.
- 300+ informative tables and illustrations.
- 23 case studies to sharpen your differential diagnosis and management skills.
- An easy-to-access list of medically important microorganisms.
- Coverage that reflects the latest techniques in laboratory and diagnostic technologies.
- Full-color images and micrographs.
- Chapter-ending summaries.
- Chapter concept checks.
- Important sections such as immunology and virology have gone significate update and thus they reflect latest trends in medical microbiology.
- Latest and hot medical microbiology topics such as Influenza A virus subtype H1N1, Ebola Virus, multi-drug resistant bacteria, and Polio Virus Eradication have been incorporated in this edition.
- Students will also find MCQs and important clinical case-based essay questions at the end of each chapter which will allow them to test their knowledge.
Table of Contents:
SECTION 1: General Bacteriology
- Historical Development of Microbiology.
- Morphology of Bacteria.
- Physiology of Bacteria.
- Sterilization and Disinfection.
- Culture Media.
- Culture Methods.
- Identification of Bacteria.
- Bacterial Taxonomy.
- Bacterial Genetics.
Other sections include the following:
SECTION 2: Immunology
SECTION 3: Systemic Bacteriology
SECTION 4: Virology
SECTION 5: Medical Mycology
SECTION 6: Miscellaneous
SECTION 7: Diagnostic Medical Microbiology
Essentials of Medical Microbiology Surinder Kumar PDF Download.
You can download the Essentials of Medical Microbiology Surinder Kumar PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.