We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Steroid Chemistry at a Glance PDF.
The term steroid has become virtually synonymous with drug abuse in sport to the majority of the public. However these steroids – androgens – actually comprise only a single relatively small class of biologically active steroids, and are overshadowed by a large collection of compounds, a sizeable number of which are commercial drugs that share the same structural carbon skeleton. The development of these drugs has led to a large body of organic chemistry often denoted as “Steroid Chemistry”.
Features of Steroid Chemistry at a Glance.
Steroid Chemistry At A Glance provides a concise overview of the main principles and reactions of steroid chemistry. Topics covered include:
- history, isolation, and structure determination of steroids
- steroid nomenclature and stereochemistry
- natural sources of steroids
- synthesis and reactions of aromatic a-ring steroids, androstanes, and pregnanes
- steroids with spironolactone at position 17
- steroids with heterocyclic ring A
- compounds derived from cholesterol
Based on the highly successful and student-friendly “at a glance” approach, the information is presented in integrated, self-contained double-page spreads of text and illustrative material. Students of chemistry and pharmacy using Steroid Chemistry at a Glance will find they have a resource with which they can quickly, concisely and confidently acquire, regularly review and revise the basic facts that underpin the properties, synthesis and reactions of this important class of natural products.
Table of Contents.
Steroid: a Brief History.
- Structure Determination.
- Sources of Steroids.
Estranes: Steroids in Which Ring A is Aromatic.
- Biological Activity
- Sources of Estranes.
- Estrogens by Total Synthesis.
- Chemical Reactions of Estranes.
- Some Drugs Based on Estranes.
Gonanes or 19-nor-Steroids.
- Preparation of Gonane Starting Materials.
- Anabolic–Androgenic Gonanes.
- Progestational Gonanes.
- Some Drugs Based on Gonanes.
Androstanes, C19 Steroids, and Their Derivatives.
- Biological Activity.
- Sources of Androstanes.
- Modified Anabolic-Androgenic Androstanes.
- 17-Spirobutyrolactone Aldosterone Antagonists.
- Some Drugs Based on Androstanes.
- Modified Pregnanes.
- Some Drugs Based on Progestins.
- Biological Activity.
- Sources of Corticoids.
- Modified Corticoids.
- Some Drugs Based on Corticoids.
- Heterocyclic Steroids.
Steroid Chemistry at a Glance PDF Download.
You can download Steroid Chemistry at a Glance PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.