We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Springer Neonatal Pain: Suffering, Pain, and Risk of Brain Damage in the Fetus and Newborn 2nd Edition PDF.
This completely revised and updated edition offers a comprehensive overview of neonatal pain assessment and treatment. It includes the field of fetal surgery, and many other topics have been updated or added, such as circumcision analgesia, new drugs, new insights into neurophysiologic pathways of neonatal pain, and new drawbacks of analgesic drugs.
While in the early years of the 21st-century pain treatment in neonates was still optional, it is now a tenet, and more and more institutions are looking for inspiration and good references to create their own guidelines. Written by leading researchers in the field, this book provides that inspiration and offers a valuable tool for neonatologists, anesthetists, nurses, and physiotherapists. Since it also deals with prenatal and postnatal surgery, it also appeals to surgeons.
Features of Springer Neonatal Pain 2nd Edition.
- A first book dealing with fetal pain and its consequences and with pain in premature babies.
- International renowned authors contribute to the evaluation of fetal and neonatal pain from different points of view.
- Evaluation of neonatal and fetal pain from various points of view – pediatric, neurologic, gynecological, anesthesiological – and of possible consequences (including psychological ones) for the brain.
Table of Contents.
- Gender Differences in Pain Since Birth.
- Stress and Pregnancy: CRH as Biochemical Marker.
- Pain Control During Labour.
- Fetal Stress: Ultrasound Study of Fetal Behavior.
- Prenatal Affective Exchanges and Their Subsequent Effects in Postnatal Life.
- Fetal Pain.
- Analgesia During Fetal Surgery.
- New Insights into Prenatal Stress: Immediate- and Long-Term Effects on the Fetus and Their Timing.
- Understanding Infant Pain Responding Within a Relational Context.
- Detecting Acute Pain is Enough: The Conundrum of Pain Assessment.
- Analgesic Procedures in Newborns.
- Nonpharmacological Treatment of Neonatal Pain.
- Sensorial Saturation and the 3Ts Rule.
- Surgical Use of Analgesic Drugs.
- Physical Risk Agents in Incubators.
- Neonatal Stressors.
- New Insights into Neonatal Hypersensitivity.
- From the Gate-Control Theory to Brain Programs for Neonatal Pain.
- Long-Term Consequences of Pain and Stress in Neonates.
- Drawbacks of Analgesics in Neonatal Age: How to Ensure Safe and Effective Use in Newborns.
- Disclosure of Pathology to the Newborn’s Family.
- Pain and Grief in the Experience of Parents of Children with a Congenital Malformation.
- Invest in Prenatal Life: A High-Yield Stock.
- Neonatal Pain—Suffering, Pain, and Risk of Brain Damage in the Fetus and Newborn, Second Edition
Springer Neonatal Pain PDF Download.
You can download the Springer Neonatal Pain: Suffering, Pain, and Risk of Brain Damage in the Fetus and Newborn 2nd Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.