We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Springer Congenital Cataract: A Concise Guide to Diagnosis and Management PDF by Lloyd, Ian Christopher, Lambert, Scott R.
This book aims to assist ophthalmologists in providing the best possible care for children with congenital cataracts. The entire patient pathway is covered, from preoperative assessment through application of the various surgical techniques to postoperative care and management of complications.
Among the topics discussed are new developments in molecular genetics relevant to patient evaluation, intraocular lens power formulas, and the findings of the Infant Aphakia Treatment Study. The surgical section describes anterior capsulotomy, lensectomy, selection of intraocular lens (IOL) power, IOL implantation in the capsular bag, posterior capsulotomy techniques, the use of secondary IOLs, and iris-fixated IOLs in children, and surgical management in developing countries. Visual outcomes after surgery are also fully addressed, with chapters on the occurrence of strabismus, nystagmus, and poor stereopsis.
Features of Congenital Cataract: A Concise Guide to Diagnosis and Management.
- Assists provision of optimal care in children with congenital cataracts
- Clearly describes the various surgical techniques
- Explains preoperative assessment and perioperative care
Table Of Content.
- The History of the Management of Congenital Cataract.
- Epidemiology of Congenital Cataract.
- The Role of Molecular Genetics in the Assessment of Children with Congenital Cataracts.
- Morphology of Congenital Cataracts.
- Baseline Predictors of Visual Outcome.
- Anterior Capsulotomy.
- Lensectomy and Anterior Vitrectomy.
- Selecting an Intraocular Lens Power.
- Intraocular Lens Implantation in the Capsular Bag and Posterior Capsulotomy Techniques.
- Secondary IOLs in Children.
- Management of Congenital Cataract in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Surgical Management of Pediatric Cataract in India.
- Perioperative Care of the Child with Congenital Cataract-Intraoperative and Post-operative Medication.
- Amblyopia Therapy and Occlusion Regimens.
- The Refractive Management of Infantile Aphakia and Pseudophakia.
- Complications Following Congenital Cataract Surgery.
- Glaucoma Following Cataract Surgery in Aphakic or Pseudophakic Children.
- Visual Outcomes.
- Strabismus in Children with Cataracts.
- Nystagmus in the Child with Congenital Cataract.
- Stereopsis Outcomes in Children Treated for Congenital Cataracts.
Congenital Cataract: A Concise Guide to Diagnosis and Management PDF Download.
You can download Congenital Cataract: A Concise Guide to Diagnosis and Management PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.