We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Sherris Medical Microbiology 7th Edition.
For more than a quarter of a century, no other text has explained the link between microbiology and human disease states better than Sherris Medical Microbiology, Seventh Edition. Through a vibrant, engaging approach, this classic gives readers a solid grasp of the significance of etiologic agents, the pathogenic processes, epidemiology, and the basis of therapy for infectious diseases.
Part I of Sherris Medical Microbiology opens with a non-technical chapter that explains the nature of infection and the infection agents. The following four chapters provide more detail about the immune response to infection and the prevention, epidemiology, and diagnosis of infectious disease.
Parts II through V forms the core of the text with chapters on the major viral, bacterial, fungal, and parasitic diseases. Each of these sections opens with chapters on basic biology, pathogenesis, and antimicrobial agents. No other text clarifies the link between microbiology and human disease states like Sherris.
Features of Sherris Medical Microbiology 7th Edition.
• 57 chapters that simply and clearly describe the strains of viruses, bacteria, fungi, and parasites that can bring about infectious diseases
• Explanations of host-parasite relationship, dynamics of infection, and host response
• A clinical cases with USMLE-style questions conclude each chapter on the major viral, bacterial, fungal, and parasitic diseases
• All tables, photographs, and illustrations are in full color
• Clinical Capsules cover the essence of the disease caused by major pathogens
• Margin Notes highlight key points within a paragraph to facilitate review
• In addition to the chapter-ending case questions, a collection of 100 practice questions is also included
Table Of Content.
Part I: Infection.
- Infection—Basic Concepts.
- Immune Response to Infection.
- Sterilization, Disinfection, and Infection Control.
- Principles of Laboratory Diagnosis of Infectious Diseases.
- Emerging and Reemerging Infectious Diseases: Emergence and Global Spread of Infection.
Part II: Pathogenic Viruses
- Viruses—Basic Concepts
- Pathogenesis of Viral Infection
- Antiviral Agents and Resistance
- Respiratory Viruses
- Viruses of Mumps, Measles, Rubella, and Other Childhood Exanthems
- Hepatitis Viruses
- Viruses of Diarrhea
- Arthropod-Borne and Other Zoonotic Viruses
- Retroviruses: Human T-Lymphotropic Virus, Human Immunodeficiency Virus, and Acquired
- Immunodeficiency Syndrome.
- Papilloma and Polyoma Viruses
- Persistent Viral Infections of the Central Nervous System
Part III: Pathogenic Bacteria
- Bacteria—Basic Concepts
- Pathogenesis of Bacterial Infections
- Antibacterial Agents and Resistance
- Streptococci and Enterococci
- Corynebacterium, Listeria, and Bacillus
- Actinomyces and Nocardia
- Clostridium, Bacteroides, and Other Anaerobes
- Haemophilus and Bordetella
- Vibrio, Campylobacter, and Helicobacter
- Legionella and Coxiella
- Pseudomonas and Other Opportunistic Gram-negative Bacilli
- Plague and Other Bacterial Zoonotic Diseases
- Rickettsia, Ehrlichia, Anaplasma, and Bartonella
- Dental and Periodontal Infections
Part IV: Pathogenic fungi
- Fungi—Basic Concepts.
- Pathogenesis and Diagnosis of Fungal Infections.
- Antifungal Agents and Resistance.
- The Superficial and Subcutaneous Fungi: Dermatophytes, Malassezia, Sporothrix, and Pigmented Molds.
- The Opportunistic Fungi: Candida, Aspergillus, the zygomycetes, and Pneumocystis.
- The Systemic Fungal Pathogens: Cryptococcus, Histoplasma, Blastomyces, Coccidioides, Paracoccidioides.
Part V: Pathogenic Parasites
- Parasites—Basic Concepts
- Pathogenesis and Diagnosis of Parasitic Infection
- Antiparasitic Agents and Resistance
- Apicomplexa and Microsporidia
- Sarcomastigophora—The Amebas
- Sarcomastigophora—The Flagellates
- Intestinal Nematodes
- Tissue Nematodes
- Infectious Diseases: Syndromes and Etiologies.
Sherris Medical Microbiology PDF Download.
You can download Sherris Medical Microbiology 7th Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.
Medicos Ideas work in the way you do, Smarty. While you are downloading PDFs straight on your device, we want you to grab one more great book and to see you become a better Ebooks Manager. And If you like our work kindly do support us.
Download The Best Standard Book of Microbiology