We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of U Satyanarayana Biochemistry PDF 4th Edition.
This textbook ‘Biochemistry’ has become one of the most preferred textbooks (in India and many other countries) for the students as well as teachers in medical, biological, and other allied sciences. The book has undergone three editions, several reprints, and revised reprints in a span of 13 years.
There are many biochemistry textbooks on the market. Some of them are purely basic while others are applied, and there are very few books which cover both these aspects together. For this reason, the students learning biochemistry in their undergraduate courses have to depend on multiple books to acquire a sound knowledge of the subject.
This book, ‘Biochemistry’ is unique with a simultaneous and equal emphasis on basic and applied aspects of biochemistry. This textbook offers an integration of medical and pure sciences, comprehensively written to meet the curriculum requirements of undergraduate courses in medical, dental, pharmacy, life sciences, and other categories (agriculture, veterinary, etc.).
Features of U Satyanarayana Biochemistry.
- The book offers an integration of medical and pure sciences, and is comprehensively written, revised, and updated to meet the curriculum requirements of Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Veterinary, Biotechnology,
- Agricultural Sciences, Life Sciences, and others studying Biochemistry as one of the subjects.
- It is the first textbook on Biochemistry in English with multi-color illustrations by an author from Asia. The use of multicolors is for a clearer understanding of the complicated biochemical reactions.
- It is written in a lucid style with the subject being presented as an engaging story growing from elementary information to the most recent advances, and with theoretical discussions being supplemented with illustrations, flowcharts, and tables for easy understanding of Biochemistry.
- It has each chapter beginning with a four-line verse followed by the text, biomedical concepts, a summary, and self-assessment exercises. The lively illustrations and text with appropriate headings and sub-headings in bold type faces facilitate reading path clarity and quick recall.
- It provides the most recent and essential information on Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Diabetes, Cancer, Free Radicals, Free radicals and Antioxidants, Prostaglandins, etc.
- It describes a wide variety of case studies and biochemical correlations and several newer biomedical aspects- Metabolic syndrome, Therapeutic diets, Atkins diet, Trans fatty acids, Epigenetics, Nutrigenomics, Recombinant ribozymes, Membrane transport disorders, Pleural fluid, etc.
- It contains the basics (Bioorganic and Biophysical Chemistry, Tools of Biochemistry, Immunology, and Genetics) for beginners to learn easily Biochemistry, origins of biochemical words, confusables in Biochemistry, principles of Practical Biochemistry, and Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory.
Table of Contents.
- Chemical Constituents of Life.
- Biomolecule and the cell.
- Proteins and amino acids.
- Nucleic acids and nucleotides.
- Physiological Biochemistry.
- Digestion and absorption.
- Plasma proteins.
- Hemoglobin and porphyrins.
- Biological oxidation.
- Introduction to metabolism.
- Metabolism of carbohydrates.
- Metabolism of lipids.
- Metabolism of amino acids.
- Integration of metabolism.
- Metabolism of nucleotides.
- Mineral metabolism.
- Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition.
- Organ function tests.
- Water, electrolyte, and acid-base balance.
- Tissue proteins and body fluids.
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology.
- DNA replication, recombination, and repair.
- Transcription and translation.
- Regulation of gene expression.
- Recombinant DNA and biotechnology.
- Current Topics.
- Human genome project.
- Gene therapy.
- Metabolism of xenobiotics (detoxification).
- Prostaglandins and related compounds.
- Biological membranes and transport.
- Free radicals and antioxidants.
- Environmental biochemistry.
- Insulin, glucose homeostasis, and diabetes mellitus.
- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
- Basics to Learn Biochemistry.
- Introduction to bioorganic chemistry.
- Overview of biophysical chemistry.
- Tools of biochemistry.
U Satyanarayana Biochemistry PDF Download.
You can download U Satyanarayana Biochemistry PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.
Medicos Ideas work in the way you do, Smarty. While you are downloading PDFs straight on your device, we want you to grab one more great book and to see you become a better Ebooks Manager. And If you like our work kindly do support us.
Download The Best Standard Book of Biochemistry