We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Review of Microbiology and Immunology 6th Edition PDF by Apurba Sankar Sastry, Sandhya Bhat K.
This book talks about the “Review of Microbiology and Immunology”. Microbiology is one of the high-scoring sections and, hence, is the key subject for PG entrances. In this book, each chapter contains a chapter review, MCQs with detailed explanations, a separate section of recent 2016 entrance examination questions, and biomedical waste management rules 2016.
All recent information, such as Zika virus, EBOLA virus, Polio eradication, Dengue vaccine, Vaccine-derived Polio Viruses (VDPVs), MERS-CoV, and updates in bacterial drug resistance, etc. have been incorporated in this book. The “Review of Microbiology and Immunology” is prepared in such a manner that it will help the 2nd year MBBS students to prepare for their MBBS exam as well as for the PG entrances. The chapter review part of each chapter is revised and updated in such a way that by studying this book, the students can easily solve the long essays, short notes of MBBS exams as well as MCQs of various PG entrances. This book divided into seven sections, which discuss general microbiology, immunology, systemic bacteriology, virology, mycology, parasitology, and applied microbiology.
Features of Review of Microbiology and Immunology.
- The only MCQ book in any subject written by textbook authors.
- Thoroughly revised, updated, and fully colored edition.
- All image-based microbiology MCQs of 2016 came from this book.
- Facts and concepts have been taken from the latest editions of Harrison (19th), Park (23rd), Jawetz (25th), Apurba Sastry’s Essentials of Medical Microbiology, Apurba Sastry’s Essentials of Medical Parasitology, and Ananthanarayan (9th edition).
- Latest updates included such as BMW Rule 2016, Zika, H1N1, Ebola virus, Polio eradication, Vaccine-derived PolioVirus (VDPV), MERS CoV, etc.
- Includes questions along with explanatory answers of AIIMS (2000-2016 Nov), PGI (2000-2016 Nov), JIPMER (2009-2016 Nov), All India (2000-2012), DNB (2000-2012) and recent questions from other national level examinations (2013-2016).
- Contains recent MCQs from state entrance exams such as APPG (2000-2016), TNPG (2009-2016), MHPG (2009-2016), West Bengal PG (2012-2016), COMEDK (2013-2016), CMC Vellore 2016, and latest MCQs from other national and state entrances.
- The image-based question bank is strengthened with new images (more than 500 images are included).
- Chapter-wise concise text in a new layout for enabling students to study antegrade manner and important points given in separate boxes.
- Chapter-wise MCQs with detailed explanations given from previous year exams of National and State exams including DNB and NEET pattern questions.
- Hundred percent authentic and correct answers with updated references.
Table Of Content:
- Chapter-1.1 History, Taxonomy, Morphology, and Physiology of Bacteria and Microbial Pathogenicity
- Chapter-1.2 Sterilization and Disinfection
- Chapter-1.3 Culture Media and Methods, Identification of Bacteria by Conventional, Automated and Molecular Methods
- Chapter-1.4 Bacterial Genetics and Antimicrobial Resistance
- Chapter-2.1 Immunity
- Chapter-2.2 Antigen, Antibody, Antigen-Antibody Reaction, Complement
- Chapter-2.3 Structure of Immune System and Immune Response
- Chapter-2.4 Hypersensitivity
- Chapter-2.5 Autoimmunity, Immunodeficiency, Transplantation, and Immunoprophylaxis
- Chapter-3.1 Staphylococcus
- Chapter-3.2 Streptococcus, Enterococcus, and Pneumococcus
- Chapter-3.3 Neisseria and Moraxella
- Chapter-3.4 Corynebacterium and Bacillus
- Chapter-3.5 Anaerobes: Clostridium and Non-Sporing Anaerobes
- Chapter-3.6 Mycobacteria
- Chapter-3.7 Enterobacteriaceae (E. Coli, Klebsiella, Proteus, Shigella, Salmonella, Yersinia)
- Chapter-3.8 Vibrio
- Chapter-3.9 Pseudomonas and Other Nonfermenters and Haemophilus, Bordetella, Brucella
- Chapter-3.10 Spirochetes
- Chapter-3.11 Rickettsia, Chlamydia and Mycoplasma
- Chapter-3.12 Miscellaneous Bacteria
- Chapter-4.1 General Properties of Viruses
- Chapter-4.2 Herpesviruses and Other DNA Viruses
- Chapter-4.3 Myxoviruses and Rubella
- Chapter-4.4 Arboviruses, Picornaviruses and Rabies Virus
- Chapter-4.5 Hepatitis Viruses
- Chapter-4.6 HIV and Other Retroviruses
- Chapter-4.7 Miscellaneous Viruses
- Chapter-05 Mycology
- Chapter-6.1 General Parasitology
- Chapter-6.2 Intestinal Amebae, Free-Living Ameba, and Balantidium Coli
- Chapter-6.3 Flagellates
- Chapter-6.4 Plasmodium Species and Babesia
- Chapter-6.5 Coccidian Parasites
- Chapter-6.6 Cestodes and Trematodes
- Chapter-6.7 Nematodes
- Chapter-7.1 Clinical Microbiology (Infective Syndromes)
- Chapter-7.2 Hospital Acquired Infection, Biomedical Waste, Bacteriology of Water, Air, and Milk.
Review of Microbiology and Immunology PDF Download.
You can download the Review of Microbiology and Immunology 6th Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.