We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Essentials of Medical Microbiology 3rd Edition PDF by Apurba Sankar Sastry; Sandhya Bhat K.
The new edition of this comprehensive guide provides students with the latest information and advances in medical microbiology. Divided into seven sections, the book begins with a discussion on general microbiology, followed by immunology, systematic bacteriology, virology, and mycology.
The second edition has been fully revised and features two new sections covering hospital-acquired infections and clinical microbiology. The extensive text is further enhanced by more than 600 clinical photographs, diagrams, and tables. The book concludes with annexures on emerging and re-emerging infections, bioterrorism, laboratory-acquired infections, and zoonosis (the transmission of disease between humans and animals).
Features of Apurba Sastry Essentials of Medical Microbiology.
- Comprehensive guide to medical microbiology for students.
- Fully revised, the second edition featuring many new topics.
- Highly illustrated with clinical photographs, diagrams, and tables.
- i) Treatment guidelines Summary boxes.
- ii) Laboratory diagnosis Summary boxes.
- iii) Highlight box for the important area.
- More than >600 images are added (More than two times than any other existing books). >200 Schematic diagrams are drawn in a user-friendly manner. >400 More real images are added, keeping in the view of image-based MCQs in PG entrances. More than 300 tables are included for better understanding.
- It has at least 30% more content, but pages are at least 100-200 numbers less than other competitor books.
- The virology section has been given a new look with the updated matter and recent concepts.
- Mycology content is enhanced with >75 images.
Table Of Content.
Section 1: General Microbiology
- Introduction and Bacterial Taxonomy
- Morphology and Physiology of Bacteria
- Sterilization and Disinfection
- Culture Media and Culture Methods
- Identification of Bacteria (Conventional methods, Molecular methods and Automations)
- Bacterial Genetics
- Antimicrobial Agents, Antimicrobial Resistance and Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing
- Microbial Pathogenicity
Section 2: Immunology.
- Immunity (Innate and Acquired)
- Antigen-Antibody Reaction
- Structure of Immune System
- Immune Responses: Cell-mediated and Antibody-mediated
- Immunodeficiency Disorders
- Transplant and Cancer Immunology
- Immunoprophylaxis and Immunohematology
Section 3: Systematic Bacteriology
- Gram-positive cocci
- Streptococcus, Enterococcus, and Pneumococcus
- Gram-negative cocci
- Neisseria and Moraxella
- Gram-positive bacilli
- Anaerobes (Clostridium and Non-sporting Anaerobes)
- Mycobacteria (M. tuberculosis, Non-tuberculous mycobacteria, and M. leprae)
- Miscellaneous Gram-positive Bacilli (Actinomycetes, Listeria, Erysipelothrix, and Trophyrema)
- Gram-negative bacilli
- Enterobacteriaceae-I (Escherichia, Shigella, Klebsiella, Proteus, Yersinia, and others)
- Enterobacteriaceae-II: Salmonella
- Vibrio and Aeromonas
- Pseudomonas and Other Non-fermenters
- Haemophilus and HACEK Group
- Miscellaneous Gram-negative Bacilli (Campylobacter, Helicobacter, Legionella, Pasteurella, Francisella and agent of Donovaniasis, Rat-bite fever, Bacterial vaginosis)
- Other groups of bacteria
- Rickettsiae, Coxiella, Bartonella
- Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma
Section 4: Virology
- General Properties of Viruses
- DNA viruses
- Other DNA Viruses (Parvoviridae, Papillomaviridae, Polyomaviridae, Poxviridae, Adenoviridae and Bacteriophages)
- RNA viruses
- Myxoviruses (Orthomyxoviruses and Paramyxoviruses) and Rubella Virus
- Rhabdoviruses (Rabies Virus)
- HIV and Other Retroviruses
- Miscellaneous RNA Viruses [Rodent-borne (Hantaviruses, Arenaviruses), Filoviruses (Ebola virus, Marburg virus), Coronaviruses, Slow viruses, Rotavirus and other agents of viral gastroenteritis and Bornavirus]
- Other groups of viruses
- Hepatitis Viruses
- Oncogenic Viruses
Section 5: Mycology
- Medical Mycology
Section 6: Hospital-acquired infections
- Hospital-acquired infection
- Hospital-acquired infection Surveillance
- Biomedical waste
- Needlestick injury
- Antimicrobial stewardship
- Environmental surveillance (Bacteriology of water, air, surface, milk, and food)
Section 7: Clinical Microbiology (Infective Syndrome).
- Normal Microbial Flora of Human Body
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Diarrheal Diseases
- Blood Stream Infections
- Respiratory Tract Infection
- Miscellaneous Infectious Syndromes
- Emerging and Re-emerging Infections
- Laboratory Acquired Infections
Apurba Sastry Essentials of Medical Microbiology PDF Download.
You can download Apurba Sastry Essentials of Medical Microbiology 3rd Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.