We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Review of Medical Microbiology and Immunology: A Guide to Clinical Infectious Diseases 15th Edition PDF by Warren E. Levinson, Peter Chin-Hong, Elizabeth Joyce, Jesse Nussbaum, Brian Schwartz.
The most concise, clinically relevant, and current review of medical microbiology and immunology. Review of Medical Microbiology and Immunology is a succinct, high-yield review of the medically important aspects of microbiology and immunology. It covers both the basic and clinical aspects of bacteriology, virology, mycology, parasitology, and immunology and also discusses important infectious diseases using an organ system approach. The book emphasizes the real-world clinical application of microbiology and immunology to infectious diseases and offers a unique mix of narrative text, color images, tables and figures, Q&A, and clinical vignettes.
Features of Review of Medical Microbiology and Immunology.
- Content is valuable to any study objective or learning style.
- Essential for USMLE review and medical microbiology coursework.
- 650 USMLE-style practice questions test your knowledge and understanding.
- 50 clinical cases illustrate the importance of basic science information in clinical diagnosis.
- A complete USMLE-style practice exam consisting of 80 questions helps you prepare for the exam.
- Pearls impart important basic science information helpful in answering questions on the USMLE.
- Concise summaries of medically important organisms.
- Self-assessment questions with answers appear at the end of each chapter.
- Color images depict clinically important findings, such as infectious disease lesions.
- Gram strains of bacteria, electron micrographs of viruses, and microscopic images depict fungi, protozoa, and worms.
- Chapters on infectious diseases from an organ system perspective.
Table Of Content.
How to Use This Book
PART I BASIC BACTERIOLOGY
- Bacteria Compared With Other Microorganisms
- Structure of Bacterial Cells
- Classification of Medically Important Bacteria
- The Human Microbiome
- Host Defenses
- Laboratory Diagnosis
- Antibacterial Drugs: Mechanism of Action
- Antibacterial Drugs: Resistance
- Bacterial Vaccines
- Sterilization & Disinfection
PART II CLINICAL BACTERIOLOGY
- Overview of the Major Pathogens & Introduction to Anaerobic Bacteria
- Gram-Positive Cocci
- Gram-Negative Cocci
- Gram-Positive Rods
- Gram-Negative Rods Related to the Enteric Tract
- Gram-Negative Rods Related to the Respiratory Tract
- Gram-Negative Rods Related to Animal Sources (Zoonotic Organisms)
- Minor Bacterial Pathogens
PART III BASIC VIROLOGY
- Genetics & Gene Therapy
- Classification of Medically Important Viruses
- Host Defenses
- Laboratory Diagnosis
- Antiviral Drugs
- Viral Vaccines
PART IV CLINICAL VIROLOGY
- Herpesviruses, Poxviruses, & Human Papilloma Virus
- Respiratory Viruses
- Important Childhood Viruses & Viruses With an Animal Reservoir
- Viruses That Infect the Enteric Tract
- Hepatitis Viruses
- Tumor Viruses
- Slow Viruses & Prions
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus
- Minor Viral Pathogens
PART V MYCOLOGY
- Basic Mycology
- Cutaneous & Subcutaneous Mycoses
- Systemic Mycoses
- Opportunistic Mycoses
PART VI PARASITOLOGY
- Intestinal & Urogenital—Protozoa
- Blood & Tissue Protozoa
- Minor Protozoan Pathogens
PART VII IMMUNOLOGY
- Overview of Immunity
- Innate Immunity
- Adaptive Immunity: Lymphocyte Antigen Receptors
- Adaptive Immunity: T-Cell–Mediated Immunity
- Adaptive Immunity: B Cells & Antibodies
- Major Histocompatibility Complex & Transplantation
- Antigen-Antibody Reactions in the Laboratory
- Hypersensitivity (Allergy)
- Tolerance & Autoimmune Disease
- Tumor Immunity
PART VIII ECTOPARASITES
- Ectoparasites That Cause Human Disease
PART IX INFECTIOUS DISEASES
- Bone & Joint Infections
- Cardiac Infections
- Central Nervous System Infections
- Gastrointestinal Tract Infections
- Pelvic Infections
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infections
- Lower Respiratory Tract Infections
- Skin & Soft Tissue Infections
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Sepsis & Septic Shock
PART X BRIEF SUMMARIES OF MEDICALLY IMPORTANT ORGANISMS
PART XI CLINICAL CASES
PART XII PEARLS FOR THE USMLE
PART XIII USMLE (NATIONAL BOARD)PRACTICE QUESTIONS
PART XIV USMLE (NATIONAL BOARD)PRACTICE EXAMINATION
Review Of Medical Microbiology And Immunology PDF Download.
You can download the Review Of Medical Microbiology And Immunology Fifteenth Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.