We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Springer’s The Retina and Circadian Rhythms PDF.
Daily rhythms are a ubiquitous feature of living systems. Generally, these rhythms are not just passive consequences of cyclic fluctuations in the environment but instead originate within the organism. In mammals, including humans, the master pacemaker controlling 24-hour rhythms is localized in the suprachiasmatic nuclei of the hypothalamus (SCN).
This circadian clock is responsible for the temporal organization of a wide variety of functions, ranging from sleep and food intake to physiological measures such as body temperature, heart rate, and hormone release. Moreover, accumulating evidence suggests that dysfunction of the circadian rhythms due to genetic mutations or environmental factors (i.e., jet-lag or shift work) contribute to the development of many pathologies, including sleep disorders, mood and affective disorders such as major depression, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia, as well as the risk of metabolic and cardiovascular disorders.
Features of the Retina and Circadian Rhythms.
- Provides a comprehensive review of the retinal circadian rhythmicity and photoreception
- A unique publication for a special topic course in neurobiology for post-docs, upper-level undergraduate, or graduate courses
- A useful tool for clinicians and healthcare providers about the daily changes in the retina and how these changes may influence treatment and outcome
Table Of Content.
- Fundamental Retinal Circuitry for Circadian Rhythms.
- Circadian Photoreception: From Phototransduction to Behaviour.
- Role of Melatonin and Dopamine in the Regulation of Retinal Circadian Rhythms.
- Circadian Organization of the Vertebrate Retina.
- Rhythmicity of the Retinal Pigment Epithelium.
- Retinal Circadian Rhythms in Mammals Revealed Using Electroretinography.
- Circadian Effects on Retinal Light Damage.
- Circadian Rhythms and Vision in Zebrafish.
- Circadian Modulation of the Limulus Eye for Day and Night Vision.
- Molluscan Ocular Pacemakers: Lessons Learned.
The Retina and Circadian Rhythms PDF Download.
You can download The Retina and Circadian Rhythms PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.