We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Remington Essentials of Pharmaceutics PDF.
Remington’s has been in print for more than 100 years and is a well-known reference text for pharmacists, pharmacy students, and pharmaceutical scientists alike. Over the past century, each edition has been updated to reflect the current state of the science and practice of pharmacy. Following the recent publication of the 22nd edition, the publishers asked me, as the editor of the Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms: Manufacturing and Compounding section, to create a version of this reference that focuses exclusively on pharmaceutics. This new text, entitled ‘Remington: Essentials of Pharmaceutics’, is truly a historic event in the long and prestigious legacy of the Remington brand and I am honored to be part of this innovative project. As the name implies, ‘Remington: Essentials of Pharmaceutics’ focuses on the pharmaceutics aspects of pharmacy practice.
Chapters from the original parent text were specifically selected to create this new edition. The text pulls heavily from the Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms sections. Various delivery systems and dosage forms, including powders, tablets and capsules, solutions, topicals and transdermals, aerosols, and ophthalmics, are covered. In addition, parenteral, sterilization processes, and sterile compounding are also presented. One chapter addresses pharmaceutical excipients and another discusses pharmaceutical packaging.
Pharmaceutical analysis, product characterization, quality control, stability, bioavailability, and dissolution are also covered. Fundamental scientific concepts including thermodynamics, ionic solutions, and electrolyte equilibria, tonicity, chemical kinetics, rheology, complex formation, and interfacial phenomenon are presented. The text also provides an introduction to pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics and the principles of absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion. In addition, some introductory concepts on drug discovery and drug product approval as well as information resources in pharmacy and the pharmaceutical sciences are presented.
Features of Remington Essentials of Pharmaceutics.
- While there are many textbooks on drug delivery systems currently published, many focus on a specific route of delivery or a particular type of delivery system.
- Some of these books only touch on the underlying scientific principles of such systems while others delve so heavily into the theory that the reader may feel lost. In contrast, this new title provides a concise yet detailed resource covering all aspects of pharmaceutics, from the scientific fundamentals to the dosage forms and drug delivery systems to drug product analyses.
- As with the original parent text, this book will be useful for anyone interested in pharmaceutics and drug delivery.
- The focus on the essential concepts of pharmaceutics and drug delivery, however, makes this text an exceptionally valuable resource for scientists new to the pharmaceutical industry as well as pharmacy and graduate students.
- With several chapters focused on parenteral products and sterilization, this book is also an excellent reference for compounding pharmacists involved in the preparation of sterile products.
Remington Essentials of Pharmaceutics PDF Download.
You can download the Remington Essentials of Pharmaceutics PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.
Medicos Ideas work in the way you do, Smarty. While you are downloading PDFs straight on your device, we want you to grab one more great book and to see you become a better Ebooks Manager. And If you like our work kindly do support us.
Download The Best Standard Book of Pharmacology