We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Prescott’s Microbiology 11th Edition by Joanne Willey, Kathleen Sandman, Dorothy Wood.
The author team of Prescott’s Microbiology continues the tradition of past editions by providing a balanced comprehensive introduction to all major areas of microbiology. This balance makes Microbiology appropriate for microbiology majors and mixed majors courses. The authors have introduced a number of pedagogical elements designed to facilitate student learning. They also remain focused on readability artwork and the integration of several key themes (including evolution ecology and diversity) throughout the text making an already superior text even better.
Features of Prescott’s Microbiology 11th Edition.
- Written by a collaboration of professors Joanne M Willey, Kathleen M. Sandman, and Dorothy H. Wood
- One of the most reputable and widespread sources of integrated medical, pharmaceutical, and clinical microbiology used by all new students in their first years with microbiology.
- Providing efficient and effective studying as saving your time and better grades.
- It represents a new leap in the medical microbiology approach with broad coverage of microbiological ecology.
- High condensed content beginning from introduction to entire microbiological world from structure and properties of each group, viruses, bacteria, and fungi.
- 11 edition is updated with molecular microbiology and immunology in genetics, biotechnology, genomics, immunology, and human microbiome with a great linkage between adaptive and innate immunity.
- Updated with the latest guideline of laboratory safety of the American society of microbiology.
- Each chapter begins with a microfocus, Readiness check, learning outcomes supported by comprehension check questions to help students mastered the topic. Animation icons in the pages refer that the text is provided with illustrated animation on the website.
- High-quality images and figures, some figures are selected to be accompanied by a micro inquiry for critical thinking.
- The book’s most popular thing is vivid instructional art, three-dimensional renditions and attractive colors, Annotated figures for all metabolic pathways.
- At the end of each chapter, Key concepts are organized by numbering headings to summarize and conclude the major and essential information. You are given critical questions to be answered.
Table Of Content.
- The evolution of microorganisms and microbiology
- Bacterial cell structure
- Archaeal cell structure
- Eukaryotic cell structure
- Viruses and acellular infectious agents
- Bacterial and Archaeal growth
- Control of microorganisms in the environment
- Antimicrobial Chemotherapy
- Introduction to metabolism
- Bacterial genome replication and expression
- Regulation of bacterial cellular processes
- Eukaryotic and Archaeal genome replication and expression
- Mechanism of genetic variation
- Microbial DNA technologies
- Microbial Genomics
- Microbial Taxonomy and evolution of diversity
- Nonproteobacterial gram-negative bacteria
- Gram-positive bacteria
- Biogeochemical cycling
- Methods in microbial ecology
- Microorganisms in marine
- Microorganisms in terrestrial ecosystems
- Innate host resistance
- Adaptive immunity
- Microbe-human ecosystems
- Infection and pathogenicity
- Epidemiology and public health microbiology
- Clinical microbiology and immunology
- Human viruses diseases
- Human bacterial diseases
- Human fungi diseases
- Microbiology of food
- Applied environmental microbiology
Prescott’s Microbiology 11th Edition PDF Download.
You can download Prescott’s Microbiology 11th Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.