We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Cellular Physiology of Nerve and Muscle PDF 4th Edition.
Cellular Physiology of Nerve and Muscle, Fourth Edition offers a state-of-the-art introduction to the basic physical, electrical and chemical principles central to the function of nerve and muscle cells.
The text begins with an overview of the origin of electrical membrane potential, then clearly illustrates the cellular physiology of nerve cells and muscle cells.
Throughout, this new edition simplifies difficult concepts with accessible models and straightforward descriptions of experimental results.
Features of Cellular Physiology of Nerve and Muscle.
- An all-new introduction to electrical signaling in the nervous system.
- Expanded coverage of synaptic transmission and synaptic plasticity.
- A quantitative overview of the electrical properties of cells.
- New detailed illustrations.
Table of Contents.
Part 1: Origin of Electrical Membrane Potential.
- Introduction to Electrical Signaling in the Nervous System.
- Composition of Intracellular and Extracellular Fluids.
- Maintenance of Cell Volume.
- Membrane Potential: Ionic Equilibrium.
- Membrane Potential: Ionic Steady State.
Part 2: Cellular Physiology of Nerve Cells.
- Generation of Nerve Action Potential.
- The Action Potential: Voltage Clamp Experiments.
- Synaptic Transmission at the Neuromuscular Junction.
- Synaptic Transmission in the Central Nervous System.
Part 3: Cellular Physiology of Muscle Cells.
- Excitation-Contraction Coupling in Skeletal Muscle.
- Neural Control of Muscle Contraction.
- Cardiac Muscle: The Autonomic Nervous System.
Cellular Physiology of Nerve and Muscle PDF Download.
You can download the Cellular Physiology of Nerve and Muscle PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.