We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Human Physiology: From Cells to Systems PDF 9th Edition.
Organized around the central theme of homeostasis, Human Physiology, 9e, helps students appreciate the integrated functioning of the human body. Author Lauralee Sherwood uses clear, straightforward language, analogies, and frequent references to everyday experiences to help students learn and relate to physiology concepts.
The vibrant art program and empowering digital resources—including robust 3D animations and rich homework problems—enable students to visualize important concepts and processes.
By focusing on core principles and sharing her enthusiasm for the subject matter, Sherwood helps students develop a solid foundation for future courses and careers in the health profession.
Features of Human Physiology: From Cells to Systems.
- HOMEOSTASIS THEME: The central theme of homeostasis helps students understand the relationship among the body systems. Each chapter begins with “Homeostasis Highlights” and ends with “Homeostasis: Chapter in Perspective,” both of which help students to see how a particular system contributes to the body as a whole.
- PEDAGOGICAL ART: Widespread use of integrated descriptions within figures, including numerous process-oriented figures with step-by-step descriptions, allows visually oriented students to review processes through figures. New figure-focus questions, designed to check and promote comprehension, ask students to analyze, interpret, infer, and apply the content of 120 key figures.
- RELEVANCY: “Concepts, Challenges, and Controversies” boxes expose students to high-interest and relevant information on such diverse topics as environmental impact on the body, stem cell research, acupuncture, strokes, and more. “A Closer Look at Exercise Physiology” boxes increase awareness of the importance of physical fitness and show physiological impacts of exercise.
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: Updated coverage throughout includes information based on recent discoveries. Some controversial ideas and hypotheses are presented to illustrate that physiology is a dynamic, changing discipline.
- NEW FIGURE-FOCUS QUESTIONS: Designed to check and promote comprehension, these questions ask students to analyze, interpret, infer, and apply the content of 120 key figures.
Table of Contents.
- Introduction to Physiology and Homeostasis.
- Cell Physiology.
- The Plasma Membrane and Membrane Potential.
- Principles of Neural and Hormonal Communication.
- The Central Nervous System.
- The Peripheral Nervous System: Afferent Division; Special Senses.
- The Peripheral Nervous System: Efferent Division.
- Muscle Physiology.
- Cardiac Physiology.
- The Blood Vessels and Blood Pressure.
- The Blood.
- Body Defenses.
- The Respiratory System.
- The Urinary System.
- Fluid and Acid-Base Balance.
- The Digestive System.
- Energy Balance and Temperature Regulation.
- Principles of Endocrinology; The Central Endocrine Glands.
- The Peripheral Endocrine Glands.
- The Reproductive System.
Human Physiology: From Cells to Systems PDF Download.
You can download Human Physiology: From Cells to Systems PDF by the links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.