We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Clinical Physiology of Acid-Base and Electrolyte Disorders PDF 5th Edition.
Like its highly acclaimed predecessors, the Fifth Edition of this classic effectively integrates the essentials of renal and electrolyte physiology with the common clinical disorders of acid-base and electrolyte balance.
Features of Clinical Physiology of Acid-Base and Electrolyte Disorders.
- An easy-to-read writing style that demystifies this difficult subject.
- Basic science coverage of water and electrolyte physiology, renal physiology, and regulation of water and electrolyte balance.
- Clinical chapters that quickly guide you through key points of etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of common disorders.
- Crystal clear figures and handy tables that summarize key information.
- End-of-chapter problems that test mastery of the material.
- New sections on endothelin and nitric oxide.
- State-of-the-art information on the properties of the calcium-sensing receptor.
- Revised and expanded coverage of the neurologic sequelae of hyponatremia.
- In-depth discussion of the edematous states, including heart failure, nephrotic syndrome, and cirrhosis
- Hundreds of new references.
Table of Contents.
Part One: Renal Physiology.
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Renal Function.
- Chapter 2: Renal Circulation and Glomerular Filtration Rate.
- Chapter 3: Proximal Tubule.
- Chapter 4: Loop of Henle and the Countercurrent Mechanism.
- Chapter 5: Functions of the Distal Nephron.
- Chapter 6: Effects of Hormones on Renal Function.
Part Two: Regulation of Water and Electrolyte Balance.
- Chapter 7: The Total Body Water and the Plasma Sodium Concentration.
- Chapter 8: Regulation of the Effective Circulating Volume.
- Chapter 9: Regulation of Plasma Osmolality.
- Chapter 10: Acid-Base Physiology.
- Chapter 11: Regulation of Acid-Base Balance.
- Chapter 12: Potassium Homeostasis.
Part Three: Physiologic Approach to Acid-Base and Electrolyte Disorders.
- Chapter 13: Meaning and Application of Urine Chemistries.
- Chapter 14: Hypovolemic States.
- Chapter 15: Clinical Use of Diuretics.
- Chapter 16: Edematous States.
- Chapter 17: Introduction to Simple and Mixed Acid-Base Disorders.
- Chapter 18: Metabolic Alkalosis.
- Chapter 19: Metabolic Acidosis.
- Chapter 20: Respiratory Acidosis.
- Chapter 21: Respiratory Alkalosis.
- Chapter 22: Introduction to Disorders of Osmolality.
- Chapter 23: Hypoosmolal States – Hyponatremia.
- Chapter 24: Hyperosmolal States – Hyponatremia.
- Chapter 25: Hyperosmolal States – Hyperglycemia
- Chapter 26: Introduction to Disorders of Potassium Balance.
- Chapter 27: Hypokalemia.
- Chapter 28: Hyperkalemia.
- Chapter 29: Answers to the Problems.
- Chapter 30: Summary of Equations and Formulas.
Clinical Physiology of Acid-Base and Electrolyte Disorders PDF Download.
You can download the Clinical Physiology of Acid-Base and Electrolyte Disorders PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.