We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Pharmacy What It Is and How It Works 4th Edition PDF.
Now fully updated for its Fourth Edition, Pharmacy: What It Is and How It Works continues to provide a comprehensive review of all aspects of pharmacy, from the various roles, pathways, and settings of pharmacists to information about how pharmacy works within the broader health care system.
Beginning with a brief historical perspective on the field, the book discusses the many facets of the pharmacy profession. It describes the role of pharmacists in different settings and provides information ranging from licensing requirements to working conditions, highlighting the critical role of pharmacists within the health care system. The author examines the drug use process with sections on distribution, prescribing, dispensing, and pricing. He also discusses the role of pharmacy support personnel. A chapter on informatics explores how pharmacy has evolved through information technology and automation. Additional chapters cover poison control, pharmaceutical care, pharmacy organizations, the drug approval process, and career development.
Features of Pharmacy What It Is and How It Works 4th Edition.
Designed for classroom and professional use, the book contains numerous tools to facilitate comprehension, including:
- Learning objectives to help readers focus on the goals of each chapter.
- Informative tables and figures summarizing data.
- Summary paragraphs tying in salient points.
- Discussion questions and exercises to test assimilation.
- “Challenges” place the material in a broader context.
- Websites and references to encourage further study.
This valuable text provides a look into the profession that is both broad and deep, supplying a one-stop introduction to a promising career in pharmacy.
Table Of Content
- Chapter 1 What Is Pharmacy?
- Chapter 2 The Pharmacist
- Chapter 3 Pharmacists and the Health Care System
- Chapter 4 The Drug Use Process
- Chapter 5 Pharmacy Supportive Personnel
- Chapter 6 Pharmacy Informatics
- Chapter 7 Pharmaceutical Care
- Chapter 8 Ambulatory(Community)Pharmacy
- Chapter 9 Health-System Pharmacy
- Chapter 10 Managed Care Pharmacy
- Chapter 11 Home Health and Hospice Care Pharmacy
- Chapter 12 Long-Term Care Pharmacy
- Chapter 13 Government Pharmacy
- Chapter 14 Drug Information and Poison Control
- Chapter 16 Pharmacy Organizations
- Chapter 17 How Drugs Are Discovered, Tested, and Approved
- Chapter 18 The Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industry
- Chapter 19 Other Opportunities for Pharmacists
- Chapter 20 Career Development
Pharmacy What It Is and How It Works PDF Download
You can download Pharmacy What It Is and How It Works 4th Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.