We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Pharmacology and Physiology for Anesthesia: Foundations and Clinical Application PDF 2nd Edition.
Pharmacology and physiology are the foundation of every anesthesia provider’s training and clinical competency. Pharmacology and Physiology for Anesthesia: Foundations and Clinical Application, 2nd Edition, delivers the information you need in pharmacology, physiology, and molecular-cellular biology, keeping you current with contemporary training and practice. This thoroughly updated edition is your one-stop, comprehensive overview of physiology, and rational anesthetic drug selection and administration, perfect for study, review, and successful practice.
Features of Pharmacology and Physiology for Anesthesia 2nd Edition.
- Contains new chapters on Special Populations (anesthetic pharmacology in obesity, geriatrics, and pediatrics), Oral and Non-IV Opioids, Thermoregulation, Physiology, and Pharmacology of Obstetric Anesthesia, Chemotherapeutic and Immunosuppressive Drugs, and Surgical Infection and Antimicrobial Drugs.
- Incorporates entirely new sections on Physics, Anatomy, and Imaging.
- Includes new information on consciousness and cognition, pharmacodynamics, the immune system, and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Features user-friendly tables, figures, and algorithms (including 100 new illustrations), all presented in full color and designed to help explain complex concepts.
- Helps you understand the molecular mechanism of drug actions and identify key drug interactions that may complicate anesthesia with dedicated sections on these areas.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Table Of Content.
Section 1. Basic Principles of Pharmacology
- Mechanisms of Drug Action
- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics for Intravenous Anesthetics
- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Inhaled Anesthetics
- Drug Metabolism and Pharmacogenetics
- Physiology and Pharmacology of Obesity, Prematurity, and Aging
- Pharmacodynamic Drug Interactions
- Adverse Drug Reactions
Section 2. Nervous System
- Central Nervous System Physiology: Neurophysiology
- Central Nervous System Physiology: Cerebrovascular
- Pharmacology of Intravenous Anesthetics
- Pharmacology of Inhaled Anesthetics
- Autonomic Nervous System: Physiology
- Autonomic Nervous System: Pharmacology
- Physiology of Pain
- Intravenous Opioid Agonists and Antagonists
- Oral and Non-Intravenous Opioids
- Non-Opioid Analgesics and Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
- Local Anesthetics
- Neuromuscular Physiology and Pharmacology
- Neuromuscular Blockers and Reversal Drugs
Section 3. Cardiovascular System
- Cardiovascular Physiology: Cellular and Molecular Regulation
- Cardiovascular Physiology: Integrative Function
- Vasopressors and Inotropes
- Antihypertensive Drugs and Vasodilators
- Anti-arrhythmic Drugs
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Section 4. Pulmonary System
- Pulmonary Physiology
- Pulmonary Pharmacology
Section 5. Gastrointestinal and Endocrine Systems
- Liver and Gastrointestinal Physiology
- Liver and Gastrointestinal Pharmacology
- Nutritional and Metabolic Therapy
- Pharmacology of Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting
- Endocrine Physiology
- Endocrine Pharmacology
- Physiology and Pharmacology of Obstetric Anesthesia
Section 6. Immunity and Infection
- Chemotherapy, Immunosuppression, and Anesthesia
- Infection, Antimicrobial Drugs, and Anesthesia
Section 7. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Hematologic Homeostasis.
- Renal Physiology
- Intravascular Volume: Regulation and Replacement Therapy
- Electrolytes and Diuretics
Section 8. Blood and Hemostasis.
- Blood and Coagulation
- Transfusion and Coagulation Therapy
- Antiplatelet and Anticoagulant Therapy
Pharmacology and Physiology for Anesthesia PDF Download
You can download Pharmacology and Physiology for Anesthesia PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.