We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Pediatric Sports Medicine: Essentials for Office Evaluation PDF.
Pediatric Sports Medicine: Essentials for Office Evaluation is a clinically relevant reference presented in a question-and-answer format designed to be a primary resource for all pediatric providers and health care professionals who work closely with children or young adults with sports-related injuries.
Dr. Chris Koutures and Dr. Valarie Wong explore the topics most commonly asked pertaining to pediatric sports medicine, in a casual, yet informative manner. The unique format of this cutting-edge book provides a rapid reference and “quick lookup” for today’s busy practitioner.
Pediatric Sports Medicine: Essentials for Office Evaluation includes unique chapters such as key sports medical terms and phrases, how to take a sports medicine history, what imaging studies to order, and how to determine safe return to play for many medical and musculoskeletal concerns.
Features of Pediatric Sports Medicine.
Additional features include:
- Information on pediatric sports medicine rehabilitation
- Tips on specialty referral
- Generous use of tables and figures
- Pictures of labeled images and radiographs that highlight key landmarks and points of emphasis
With contributions from many of the experts in the field, Pediatric Sports Medicine: Essentials for Office Evaluation is an easy-to-read resource for any medical practitioner, including physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, residents, medical students, physical therapists, and athletic trainers, and many more, seeking to quickly expand their knowledge of pediatric sports medicine.
Table of Contents.
About the Editors
Foreword by Greg Landry, MD
Section I: General Information.
- Chapter 1: Sports Lingo: Musculoskeletal Terms.
- Chapter 2: Sports Lingo: Activities, Positions, and General Sports Terms.
- Chapter 3: Preparticipation Physical Evaluation.
- Chapter 4: Injury Prevention Guidelines.
- Chapter 5: Sports Nutrition and Hydration.
- Chapter 6: Supplements and Performance-Enhancing Agents.
Section II: Medical Issues.
- Chapter 7: Acute Illness.
- Chapter 8: Respiratory and Chest Issues.
- Chapter 9: Cardiac Concerns.
- Chapter 10: Environmental Factors: Heat, Cold, Altitude, Humidity, and Anaphylaxis.
- Chapter 11: Headache and Migraine Issues.
- Chapter 12: Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Issues.
- Chapter 13: Hematology and Oncology Issues.
- Chapter 14: Rheumatology Issues.
- Chapter 15: Diabetes Issues.
- Chapter 16: Skin Issues.
- Chapter 17: Female Athlete Concerns.
- Chapter 18: Athletes With Special Needs.
- Chapter 19: Concerns Among Obese and Overweight Athletes.
- Chapter 20: General Radiology Imaging and Laboratory Testing: What to Order and When.
Section III: Musculoskeletal Issues.
- Chapter 21: How to Take a Sports Medicine History.
- Chapter 22: Physical Examination Organization and Basics.
- Chapter 23: Sideline Management Pearls.
- Chapter 24: General Response to the Acute Injury.
- Chapter 25: Head and Facial Injuries.
- Chapter 26: Concussions.
- Chapter 27: Neck Pain and Cervical Spine Issues.
- Chapter 28: Acute Shoulder Injuries.
- Chapter 29: Chronic and Overuse Shoulder Injuries.
- Chapter 30: Elbow Injuries.
- Chapter 31: Wrist and Forearm Pain.
- Chapter 32: Hand and Finger Injuries.
- Chapter 33: Thoracic and Lumbar Spine Injuries and Sacroiliac Region Pain.
- Chapter 34: Hip Pain.
- Chapter 35: Groin and Buttock Pain.
- Chapter 36: Upper Leg Concerns.
- Chapter 37: Acute Knee Injuries.
- Chapter 38: Chronic and Overuse Knee Injuries.
- Chapter 39: Shin and Lower Leg Pain.
- Chapter 40: Ankle and Heel Pain.
- Chapter 41: Foot Pain.
- Chapter 42: How to Guide Return to Play.
- Chapter 43: The ABCs of Bracing and Taping.
- Chapter 44: Knowing Your Sports Medicine Resources.
Pediatric Sports Medicine Essentials for Office Evaluation PDF Download.
You can download the Pediatric Sports Medicine Essentials for Office Evaluation PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.