We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of The Patient History: An Evidence-Based Approach to Differential Diagnosis PDF 2nd Edition.
For medical students and other health professions students, an accurate differential diagnosis starts with The Patient History. The ideal companion to major textbooks on the physical examination, this trusted guide is widely acclaimed for its skill-building and evidence-based approach to medical history.
Now in full color, The Patient History defines best practices for the patient interview, explaining how to effectively elicit information from the patient in order to generate an accurate differential diagnosis. The second edition features all-new chapters, case scenarios, and a wealth of diagnostic algorithms. Introductory chapters articulate the fundamental principles of medical interviewing. The book employs a rigorous evidence-based approach, reviewing and highlighting relevant citations from the literature throughout each chapter.
Features of The Patient History: An Evidence-Based Approach to Differential Diagnosis.
- Case scenarios introduce each chapter and place history-taking principles in a clinical context.
- Self-assessment multiple-choice Q&A conclude each chapter―an ideal review for students seeking to assess their retention of chapter material.
- Full-color presentation.
- The essential chapter on a red-eye, pruritus, and hair loss.
- Symptom-based chapters covering 59 common symptoms and clinical presentations.
- Diagnostic approach section after each chapter featuring color algorithms and several multiple-choice questions.
- Hundreds of practical, high-yield questions to guide the history, ranging from basic queries to those appropriate for more experienced clinicians.
Table of Contents.
- Section I. Introductory Concepts.
- Section II. General Symptoms.
- Section III. Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, and Throat.
- Section IV. Dermatology.
- Section V. Respiratory System.
- Section VI. Cardiovascular System.
- Section VII. Gastrointestinal System.
- Section VIII. Genitourinary System.
- Section IX. Women’s Health.
- Section X. Musculoskeletal System.
- Section XI. Neurology.
- Section XII. Psychiatry.
- Section XIII. Communicating the History.
The Patient History: An Evidence-Based Approach to Differential Diagnosis PDF Download.
You can download The Patient History: An Evidence-Based Approach to Differential Diagnosis PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.