We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Parsons Diseases of the Eye 23th Edition by Ramanjit Sihota, Radhika Tandon.
Parsons’ Diseases of the Eye has been a trusted textbook for undergraduate students for more than 100 years. It also caters to the basic needs of postgraduate students and practitioners who need to refer to this book for a quick review of the basic concepts. The book was first published in 1907, and on account of its clear and friendly presentation style as well as its authoritative coverage of ocular disorders, it quickly became a fundamental text for students. Since then the book has maintained its popularity with students through regular revisions and updates.
The 19th edition of this book was specially adapted to the context of the Indian subcontinent with a special mention of the infections that occur predominantly in this region. The 23rd edition continues this trend by presenting unparalleled guidance on nearly every ophthalmic condition and procedure, including the latest advances in the field, making the book more comprehensive and contemporary.
Features of Parsons Diseases of the Eye 23th Edition.
- Compliant with the new competency-based curriculum.
- Inclusion of Learning Objectives at the beginning of each chapter.
- Three new chapters titled Non-Traumatic Ophthalmic Emergencies, Dark Room Procedures, and Clinical
- Investigations added to help students get a clear understanding of these topics.
- Additional topics: images on radiology and case studies on various ophthalmic procedures.
- The latest information on astigmatism, dry eye, eye donation, eye banking, and various national programs has been provided.
- Simplified flowcharts and new photographs covering a number of clinical conditions are added features.
- Extensively revised and up-to-date with the new curriculum.
Table Of Content.
Section I: Anatomy and Physiology of the Eye and Visual Pathway
- Anatomy of the Eye
- Physiology of the Eye
- The Physiology of Vision
- The Neurology of Vision
Section II: Optics and Refraction.
- Elementary Optics and Optical System of the Normal Eye
- Clinical Refraction and Refractive Errors
Section III: Basics of Clinical Examination and Treatment
- Clinical History Taking and Interpretation of Symptoms
- Clinical Examination
- Clinical Investigations
- Ocular Therapeutics and Lasers
Section IV: Diseases of the Eye.
- Diseases of the Conjunctiva
- Diseases of the Cornea
- Diseases of the Sclera
- Diseases of the Uveal Tract
- Diseases of the Lens
- Diseases of the Retina and Vitreous
- Diseases of the Optic Nerve
- Intraocular Tumours
Section V: Eye Movements and Their Disorders
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Motor Mechanism
- Squint: Comitant Strabismus
- Paralytic Squint
Section VI: Diseases of the Adnexa
- Diseases of the Eyelids
- Diseases of the Lacrimal Apparatus
- Diseases of the Orbit
Section VII: Systemic Ophthalmology
- Diseases of the Nervous System with Ocular Manifestations
- Ocular Manifestations of Systemic Disorders
Section VIII: Ophthalmic Emergencies
- Eye Injuries
- Nontraumatic Ophthalmic Emergencies
Section IX: Preventive Ophthalmology
- Genetics in Ophthalmology
- Community Ophthalmology
Section X: Ophthalmic Instruments and Their Practical Usage
- Dark Room Procedures in Ophthalmology
- Surgical Instruments in Ophthalmology.
Local Anaesthesia in Ophthalmology.
Parsons Diseases of the Eye 23th Edition PDF Download.
You can download Parsons Diseases of the Eye 23th Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.