We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Paniker’s Textbook of Medical Parasitology 8th Edition.
This Paniker’s textbook focuses on medical parasitology. Medical parasitology is the branch of medical sciences dealing with organisms (parasites) that live temporarily or permanently, on or within the human body (host). This book consists of 23 chapters. Medical science is not a static art. Methods of diagnosis and treatment of parasitic infections change constantly.
To keep pace with these developments, all the chapters of this book have been thoroughly revised and expanded, new diagnostic methods, and recent treatment guidelines for parasitic infections. Tables, flow charts and photographs of specimens, and microscopic view pictures are also provided for better comprehension of the subject. This book is also designed in a colorful format, which can be easily read and comprehended. Important points and terms have been highlighted by making them bold and italic. At the end of each chapter, the must-know facts are given as “Key Points” inbox formats for quick recapitulation. Important multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and review questions from various university examinations’ papers have been added to test and reinforce understanding of the topics by the students. The aim of the contents of book is compact yet informative and useful for both graduate and postgraduate students.
Features of Paniker’s Textbook of Medical Parasitology.
Here’s a quick overview of the important features of Paniker’s Textbook of Medical Parasitology – 8th edition.
- Written as per the latest curriculum of MBBS and MD (Microbiology).
- Rearranges all the chapters in a sequential format and thoroughly updated and expanded to include new data.
- Adds the recent advances in each topic such as vaccine trials in Leishmania and Malaria, drug resistance in malaria. The new and fresh look reinvigorates the reading experience.
- Includes many new photographs, tables, and flow charts.
- Rewrites the laboratory diagnosis, treatment protocols, and prophylaxis completely.
- Describes important concepts for the preparations of postgraduate examination in separate boxes.
- Presents Key Points in a box format at the end of each chapter for last-minute revision.
- Arranges the whole content of the book in a bulleted format and uses subheads for increased readability.
Table Of Content
- Chapter-01 General Introduction: Parasitology
- Chapter-02 Protozoa
- Chapter-03 Amebae
- Chapter-04 Intestinal, Oral and Genital Flagellates
- Chapter-05 Hemoflagellates
- Chapter-06 Malaria and Babesia
- Chapter-07 Coccidia
- Chapter-08 Microspora
- Chapter-09 Balantidium coli
- Chapter-10 Helminths: General Features
- Chapter-11 Cestodes: Tapeworms
- Chapter-12 Trematodes: Flukes
- Chapter-13 Nematodes: General Features
- Chapter-14 Trichinella spiralis
- Chapter-15 Trichuris trichiura
- Chapter-16 Strongyloides stercoralis
- Chapter-17 Hookworm
- Chapter-18 Enterobius vermicularis
- Chapter-19 Ascaris lumbricoides
- Chapter-20 Filarial Worms
- Chapter-21 Dracunculus medinensis
- Chapter-22 Miscellaneous Nematodes
- Chapter-23 Diagnostic Methods in Parasitology
Paniker’s Textbook of Medical Parasitology PDF Download.
You can download Paniker’s Textbook of Medical Parasitology PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.