We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of On Call Principles and Protocols PDF 6th Edition.
Ideal for any on-call professional, resident, or medical student, this best-selling reference covers the common problems you’ll encounter while on call in the hospital.
On-Call Principles and Protocols, 6th Edition, by Drs. Shane A. Marshall and John Ruedy, fit perfectly in your pocket, ready to provide key information in time-sensitive, challenging situations.
You’ll gain speed, skill, and knowledge with every call – from diagnosing a difficult or life-threatening situation to prescribing the right medication.
Features of On Call Principles and Protocols
- Highlights medications, doses, and critical information in a second color for fast reference.
- Features a logical, highly templated format so you can locate critical information quickly.
- Covers essential topics such as Approach to Diagnosis and Management of On-Call Problems; Documentation; Assessment and Management of Volume Status; and HIV, HBV, HCV, Influenza, and the House Officer.
- Delivers consistent, easy-to-follow coverage of the most common on-call problems and approaches, including what to do from the initial phone call, “Elevator Thoughts,” how to immediately identify major threats to life, what to do at the bedside, and how to avoid common mistakes for every call.
Table of Contents
- Approach to the Diagnosis and Management of On-Call Problems.
- Documentation of On-Call Problems.
- Assessment and Management of Volume Status.
- HIV, HBV, HCV, Meningococcus, Influenza, Ebola virus, and the House Officer.
- Abdominal Pain.
- Chest Pain.
- Combativeness: The Out-of-Control Patient.
- Confusion/Decreased Level of Consciousness.
- Decreased Urine Output.
- Fall Out of Bed.
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding.
- Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders.
- High Blood Pressure.
- Hypnotics, Laxatives, Analgesics, and Antipyretics.
- Hypotension and Shock.
- Leg Pain.
- Lines, Tubes, and Drains.
- Polyuria, Frequency, and Incontinence.
- Pronouncing Death.
- Shortness of Breath.
- Skin Rashes and Urticaria.
- Transfusion Reactions.
- Acid-Base Disorders.
- Calcium Disorders.
- Coagulation Disorders.
- Glucose Disorders.
- Potassium Disorders.
- Sodium Disorders.
On Call Principles and Protocols PDF Download.
You can download the On Call Principles and Protocols PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.