We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Jaypee Textbook of Laryngology PDF by Nupur Kapoor Nerurkar.
This book is a comprehensive guide to the latest advances and techniques in laryngology. Divided into six sections the text begins with an overview of the history and basic anatomy and physiology of the larynx.
The following section discusses clinical evaluation, investigation and diagnosis. The remaining sections cover the management of numerous voice disorders including phono surgery, treatment of inflammatory, endocrine and functional voice disorders, and airway and swallowing problems.
Features of Textbook of Laryngology
- History and Basic Sciences with a special emphasis on clinical co-relation, Clinical Assessment of Voice and Swallowing disorders and office based procedures.
- Detailed steps of surgery and photographs support the third section on phosurgery, followed by the fourth section, which covers the often poorly understood functional, endocrine and Inflammatory disorders.
- The fifth section is devoted to Airway and Swallowing with a final section on Recent Advances.
- In addition, clinical pearls at the end of the chapters help the reader to have an imprint of the clinical information provided in the book.
- The final chapter describe recent advances in the field such as laryngeal transplantation, robotic surgery, and vocal cord regeneration.
- The book is highly illustrated with intraoperative photographs and diagrams and clinical pearls summarising key points at the end of each chapter, enhance learning.
- Key points Comprehensive guide to latest advances and techniques in laryngology Covers management of numerous voice disorders Includes recent advances in surgery and vocal cord regeneration Clinical pearls highlight key points in each chapter.
Table of Contents
Section 1: History and Basic Sciences.
- A Historical Review of Laryngology.
- Anatomy of the Larynx.
- Physiology of Phonation.
- Physiology of Swallowing.
Section 2: Clinical Assessment and Office Procedures.
- Clinical Evaluation in a Patient with a Voice Disorder.
- Stroboscopy, High-Speed Imaging, Videokymography and Optical Coherence Tomography.
- Voice Analysis and Therapy Planning by an SLP.
- Clinical Evaluation in a Patient with Dysphagia with Role of FEESST, VFS and TNE.
- Imaging of the Larynx.
- Injection laryngoplasty.
- Office-Based Vocal Fold Procedures.
- Laryngeal Electromyography in Spasmodic Dysphonia and Overview of Spasmodic Dysphonia.
Section 3: Phonosurgery.
- Principles and Essentials of Phonomicrosurgery.
- Nodules and Polyps.
- Cysts, Sulci, and Mucosal Bridge.
- Lasers in Phonomicrosurgery.
- Lasers in Early Glottic Cancer.
- Principles of Laryngeal Framework Surgery.
- Unilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis and Medialization Laryngoplasty.
- Surgical Treatment of Spasmodic Dysphonia.
- Puberphonia and Relaxation Laryngoplasty.
- Feminizing Laryngoplasty.
- Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis and Narrow Band Imaging 24. Glottic Web.
- Considerations in the Professional Voice User.
Section 4: Inflammatory, Endocrine, and Functional Voice Disorders.
- Localized Inflammatory and Infective Laryngeal Disorders.
- Systemic Inflammatory Disorders.
- Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Disease.
- Endocrine and Neurological Disorders.
- Muscle Tension Dysphonia.
Section 5: Airway and Swallowing.
- Assessment of a Stridulous Patient.
- Pediatric Airway—An Overview.
- Bilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis.
- Principles of Management of Laryngotracheal Stenosis.
- Laryngeal Trauma.
- Surgical Management of Dysphagia.
Section 6: Recent Advances.
- Laryngeal Transplantation.
- Transoral Robotic Surgery in Larynx and Hypopharynx.
- Vocal Fold Regeneration.
Textbook of Laryngology PDF Download.
You can download the Textbook of Laryngology PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.