We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Netter’s Sports Medicine PDF 2nd Edition.
Edited by past presidents of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, Netter’s Sports Medicine, 2nd Edition, is a superbly illustrated, go-to sports medicine resource for the outpatient office, the training room, on the sideline, and for certification preparation.
Designed for quick reference, this interdisciplinary reference by Drs. Christopher Madden, Margot Putukian, Eric McCarty, and Craig Young, are organized by both topic and sport, so you can find what you need quickly.
New Expert Consult online access includes the fully searchable eBook, for example, downloadable medical forms, videos, downloadable patient education handouts, and handy links to consensus statements.
Features of Netter’s Sports Medicine.
- More than 1,000 superb Netter graphics, tables, figures, pictures, diagnostic images, and another medical artwork highlight the easy-to-read, bulleted text.
- Ideal for the sports clinician, team physician, and any health care professionals who provide care to athletes and active individuals.
Table of Contents.
Section I Medical Care and Supervision of the Athlete.
- The Team Physician.
- The Certified Athletic Trainer and the Athletic Training Room.
- The Preparticipation Physical Evaluation.
- Sideline Preparedness and Emergencies on the Field.
- Sports Nutrition.
- Sports Supplements.
- Sports Pharmacology of Pain and Inflammation Control in Athletes.
- Sports Pharmacology of Chronic Disease.
- Sports Pharmacology of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine.
Section II Special Considerations for Athlete Populations.
- The Pediatric Athlete.
- The High School Athlete: Setting Up a High School Sports Medicine Program.
- The Female Athlete.
- The Senior Athlete.
- The Physically Challenged Athlete.
- Care of Athletes at Different Levels, From Pee-wee to Professional.
- The Wilderness Athlete and Adventurer.
Section III Conditioning.
- Exercise Prescription and Physiology.
- Aerobic Training.
- Resistance Training.
Section IV Environment.
- Exercise in the Heat and Heat Illness.
- Exercise in the Cold and Cold Injuries.
- High Altitude Training and Competition.
- Travel Considerations for the Athlete and Sports Medical Team.
Section V Behavioral and Psychological Problems.
- The Role of Sport Psychology and Psychiatry.
- Drugs and Doping in Athletes.
- Eating Disorders in Athletes.
Section VI General Medical Problems in Athletes.
- Infections in Athletes.
- Gastrointestinal Problems.
- Hematologic Problems in Athletes.
- Renal and Genitourinary Problems.
- The Athlete with Diabetes.
- EKG Interpretation in Athletes.
- Cardiac Disease in Athletes.
- The Hypertensive Athlete.
- Exercise-Induced Bronchospasm, Anaphylaxis, and Urticaria.
- Neurologic Problems in the Athlete.
- Headache in the Athlete.
- Skin Problems in the Athlete.
- Connective Tissue Diseases and Rheumatologic Problems in Athletes.
Section VII Injury Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Musculoskeletal Injuries in Sports.
- Comprehensive Rehabilitation of the Athlete.
- Physical Modalities in Sports Medicine.
- Head Injuries.
- Neck Injuries.
- Eye Injuries.
- Maxillofacial Injuries.
- Shoulder Injuries.
- Elbow Injuries.
- Hand and Wrist Injuries.
- Thorax and Abdominal Injuries.
- Thoracic and Lumbosacral Spine Injuries.
- Pelvis, Hip, and Thigh Injuries.
- Knee Injuries
- Ankle and Leg Injuries.
- Cartilage Problems in Sports.
- Acute Fractures and Dislocations in Athletes
- Stress Fractures.
- Foot Problems.
- Taping and Bracing.
- Injections in the Athlete.
- Diagnostic Imaging in Sports Medicine.
- Sports Ultrasound.
- Injury Prevention Protocols.
Section VIII Specific Sports.
- Field Hockey.
- Ultimate Frisbee.
- Alpine Skiing.
- Cross-Country Skiing.
- Ice Hockey.
- Ice Skating (Figure Skating and Speed Skating).
- Swimming and Diving.
- Scuba Diving.
- Martial Arts.
- Mixed Martial Arts.
- Track and Field.
- Road Biking.
- Mountain Biking.
- In-Line Skating, Skateboarding, and Bicycle Motocross.
- Mass Participation Endurance Events.
- Ultra Endurance and Adventure Racing and Events.
- Rock Climbing.
- Rodeo and Equestrian Sports.
- The Extreme Athlete.
Netter’s Sports Medicine PDF Download
You can download Netter’s Sports Medicine PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.