We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care 5th Edition PDF.
Learn to improve the respiratory care of neonates, infants, and children. Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care, 5th Edition gives you a solid foundation in the assessment and treatment of respiratory disorders. Clear, full-color coverage simplifies the principles of respiratory care while emphasizing clinical application.
A critical piece in respiratory care’s total curriculum solution, this new edition includes all the changes in current clinical practice and in the education environment. Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter break down key content into measurable behaviors, criteria, and conditions, and self-assessment questions provide an excellent review for the NBRC Neonatal/Pediatric Specialty exam.
Features of Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care 5th Edition.
- UPDATED! The content reflects the latest developments in the field meeting the needs of AD programs and BS Respiratory Care programs which are growing in this field.
- NBRC exam-style assessment questions test your comprehension of the material in each chapter.
- Neonatal and pediatric disorders case studies provide an opportunity to see how content covered in the text applies to the more difficult areas of care for neonatal and pediatric disorders.
- Comprehensive test preparation is provided thorough coverage of all the content in the matrix for the NPS exam.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter highlight what you should learn by breaking down key content into measurable behaviors, criteria, and conditions.
- Academic and authoritative presentation of content covers all of the major topics of respiratory care for neonates, infants, and children, including both theory and application.
- Dedicated Quality and Safety chapter address quality care for the neonatal/pediatric patient.
Table of Contents.
Section 1: Fetal Development Assessment, and Delivery.
- Fetal Lung Development.
- Fetal Gas Exchange and Circulation.
- Antenatal Assessment and High-Risk Delivery.
Section 2: Assessment and Monitoring of the Neonatal and Pediatric Patient.
- Examination and Assessment of the Neonatal and Pediatric Patient.
- Pulmonary Function Testing and Bedside Pulmonary Mechanics.
- Radiographic Assessment.
- Pediatric Flexible Bronchoscopy.
- Invasive Blood Gas Analysis and Cardiovascular Monitoring.
- Noninvasive Monitoring in Neonatal and Pediatric Care.
Section 3: Therapeutic Procedures for Treatment of Neonatal and Pediatric Disorders.
- Oxygen Administration.
- Aerosols and Administration of Inhaled Medications.
- Airway Clearance Techniques and Hyperinflation Therapy.
- Airway Management.
- Surfactant Replacement Therapy.
- Noninvasive Mechanical Ventilation and Continuous Positive Pressure of the Neonate.
- Noninvasive Mechanical Ventilation of the Infant and Child.
- Invasive Mechanical Ventilation of the Neonate and Pediatric Patient.
- Administration of Gas Mixtures.
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation.
- Thoracic Organ Transplantation.
Section 4: Neonatal and Pediatric Disorders: Presentation, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Neonatal Pulmonary Disorders.
- Surgical Disorders in Childhood that Affect Respiratory Care.
- Congenital Cardiac Defects.
- Pediatric Sleep-Disordered Breathing.
- Pediatric Airway Disorders and Parenchymal Lung Diseases.
- Cystic Fibrosis.
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome.
- Pediatric Trauma.
- Disorders of the Pleura.
- Neurological and Neuromuscular Disorders.
Section 5: Neonatal and Pediatric Transient and Ambulatory Care.
- Transport of Infants and Children.
- Home Care.
- Quality and Safety.
Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care PDF Download.
You can download the Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care 5th Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.