We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Murray Basic Medical Microbiology, 1st Edition by Patrick Murray.
Authored by the lead author of the bestselling Medical Microbiology and written in the same tradition, Basic Medical Microbiology was designed as a straightforward, practical introduction to this difficult topic. It provides students with a firm foundation in the principles and applications of microbiology, serving as an effective prep tool for examinations and the transition into clinical application.
Features of Basic Medical Microbiology.
- Carefully curated contents focus on the most commonly observed and tested organisms and diseases.
- Differential diagnosis, organism classification overview, and a list of antimicrobials used to treat infections are provided in the introductory chapter of each organism section, reinforcing the clinical application and relevance.
- Organized by organism; focuses on the association between an organism and disease.
- Concise tables and high-quality illustrations offer visual guidance and an easy review of key material.
- Clinical cases reinforce the clinical significance of each organism.
- Includes multiple-choice questions to aid in self-assessment and examination preparation.
- Evolve Instructor Resources, including a downloadable image bank, are available to instructors through their Elsevier sales rep or via request at: https://evolve.elsevier.com
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Table Of Content.
Section I. Introduction
- Overview of Medical Microbiology
Section I. Bacteria
- Introduction of Bacteria
- Aerobic Gram-Positive Cocci
- Aerobic Gram-Positive Rods
- Acid-Fast Bacteria
- Aerobic Gram-Negative Cocci and Coccobacilli
- Aerobic Fermentative Gram-Negative Rods
- Aerobic Non-fermentative Gram-Negative Rods
- Anaerobic Bacteria
- Spiral Shaped Bacteria
- Intracellular Bacteria
Section II. Viruses
- Introduction to Viruses
- Human Immunodeficiency Viruses
- Human Herpes Viruses
- Respiratory Viruses
- Hepatitis Viruses
- Gastrointestinal Viruses
Section III. Fungi
- Introduction to Fungi
- Cutaneous and Subcutaneous Fungi
- Systemic Dimorphic Fungi
- Opportunistic Fungi
Section IV. Parasites
- Introduction to Parasites
Section V. Review Questions
Basic Medical Microbiology PDF Download.
You can download Basic Medical Microbiology PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.