We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Mims Medical Microbiology and Immunology PDF 6th Edition.
Learn all the microbiology and basic immunology concepts you need to know for your courses and exams. Now fully revised and updated, Mims’ clinically relevant, systems-based approach and abundant colour illustrations make this complex subject easy to understand and remember.
Features of Mims Medical Microbiology and Immunology.
- Learn about infections in the context of major body systems and understand why these are environments in which microbes can establish themselves, flourish, and give rise to pathologic changes. This systems-based approach to microbiology employs integrated and case-based teaching that places the ‘bug parade’ into a clinical context.
- Effectively review for problem-based courses with the help of chapter introductions and ‘Lessons in Microbiology’ text boxes that highlight the clinical relevance of the material, offer easy access to key concepts and provide valuable review tools.
- Approach microbiology by body system or by pathogen through the accompanying electronic ‘Pathogen Parade’ – a quickly searchable, cross-referenced glossary of viruses, bacteria, and fungi
- A new electronic ‘Vaccine Parade’ offers quick-reference coverage of the most commonly used vaccines in current clinical practice
- Deepen your understanding of epidemiology and the important role it plays in providing evidence-based identification of key risk factors for disease and targets for preventative medicine.
- Grasp and retain vital concepts easily, with a user-friendly color-coded format, succinct text, key concept boxes, and dynamic illustrations.
- New and enhanced information reflects the growing importance of the human microbiota and the latest molecular approaches
- Access the complete contents on the go via the accompanying interactive eBook, with a range of bonus materials to enhance learning and retention – includes self-assessment materials and clinical cases to check your understanding and aid exam preparation.
Table Of Content.
SECTION 1 THE ADVERSARIES – PATHOGENS
- Pathogens as parasites
- The bacteria
- The viruses
- The fungi
- The protozoa
- The helminths
- The arthropods
- The host-parasite relationship
SECTION 2 THE ADVERSARIES – HOST DEFENCES
- The innate defenses of the body
- Adaptive immune responses bring specificity
- Cooperation leads to effective immune responses
SECTION 3 THE CONFLICTS
- Background to the infectious diseases
- Entry, exit, and transmission
- Immune defenses in action
- Spread and replication
- Parasite survival strategies and persistent infections
- Pathological consequences of infection
SECTION 4 CLINICAL MANIFESTATION AND DIAGNOSIS OF INFECTIONS BY BODY SYSTEM
- The clinical manifestations of infection
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Lower respiratory tract infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Gastrointestinal tract infections
- Obstetric and perinatal infections
- Central nervous system infections
- Infections of the eye
- Infections of the skin, soft tissue, muscle, and associated systems
- Vector-borne infections
- Multisystem zoonoses
- Fever of unknown origin
- Infections in the compromised host
SECTION 5 DIAGNOSIS AND CONTROL
- Diagnosis of infection and assessment of host defense mechanisms
- Epidemiology and control of infectious diseases
- Attacking the enemy: antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy
- Protecting the host: vaccination
- Active, passive, and adoptive immunotherapy
- Infection control
Mims Medical Microbiology and Immunology PDF Download.
You can download Mims Medical Microbiology and Immunology 6th Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.
Medicos Ideas work in the way you do, Smarty. While you are downloading PDFs straight on your device, we want you to grab one more great book and to see you become a better Ebooks Manager. And If you like our work kindly do support us.
Download The Best Standard Book of Microbiology