We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Midwife’s Guide to Antenatal Investigations PDF.
This book serves as a guide to a comprehensive range of diagnostic screenings and tests used during pregnancy. It links routine antenatal care with specialist investigations, describing when follow-up is required and how to interpret the results.
Designed for ease of reference, this resource helps midwives make informed, evidence-based clinical decisions. It also provides guidance about how best to discuss sensitive issues with mothers and how to provide support to parents receiving bad news.
This book is an essential resource for midwives and other health professionals involved in delivering antenatal care to women and their families. Expert contributors ensure that the information is reliable and up-to-date, and the easy-to-use format guides practitioners through each procedure, interpretation of results, and appropriate interventions.
Features of Midwife’s Guide to Antenatal Investigations.
- The only book of its kind developed to provide midwives with a comprehensive guide to antenatal investigations in an accessible format.
- Includes a range of clinical scenarios and considers the parents’ point of view, which brings the tests to life and helps midwives understand the clinical application and impact of investigations.
- A chapter written by the national charity ARC (Antenatal Results and Choices) relates first-hand accounts from parents whose newborns have been diagnosed with an abnormality, providing insight into how best to provide sensitive care to parents facing difficult situations.
- Extensive illustrations, diagrams, summary tables, and ultrasound scan images make the information in the book clear and understandable.
- Best practice guidance from National Screening Committee (NSC) is provided to ensure all practitioners are aware of the NSC policy.
- Clinical guidance is supported by explanations of common and specialist terminology and developments in technology.
- The fundamental principles underlying genetic and chromosomal testing are described.
- The historical and cultural aspects of antenatal investigations are discussed, as well as the potential impact of these technologies on the future role of the midwife.
Table of Contents.
Section One: Clinical Practice in Context.
- The Development of Fetal Investigations.
- Historical and Sociological Perspectives.
- Involving Parents: Information and Informed Decisions.
- Pregnancy Loss, Breaking Bad News, and Supporting Parents.
Section Two: Maternal Investigations.
- Hematology in Pregnancy.
- Maternal Disease in Pregnancy.
- Infections in Pregnancy.
Section Three: Fetal Investigations.
- First Trimester Ultrasound Scans.
- The Second Trimester Detailed Anomaly Scan.
- Biochemical Markers in Downe’s Syndrome Chromosomal and Genetic Testing.
- Assessment of Fetal Wellbeing.
Section Four: Ongoing Developments.
- Antenatal Investigations for the Future.
Midwife’s Guide to Antenatal Investigations PDF Download.
You can download Midwife’s Guide to Antenatal Investigations PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.