We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Thieme Middle Ear and Mastoid Microsurgery PDF 2nd Edition.
Based on more than 30 years of experience and over 20,000 clinical cases, the second edition of Middle Ear and Mastoid Microsurgery presents detailed surgical management strategies for the full spectrum of otologic disorders, from decision-making and preoperative considerations to descriptions of both common and complex surgical techniques.
The superb schematic drawings and intraoperative images, combined with instructional text, facilitate an in-depth understanding of surgical anatomy and operative steps that is unparalleled in the literature.
Features of Middle Ear and Mastoid Microsurgery.
- Now over 1,600 vivid, full-color intraoperative images, many newly obtained with digital cameras, that take readers through the operative procedures in highly detailed step-by-step sequences.
- Expanded chapter on temporal bone anatomy, with dissection images correlated to CT, scans that are crucial for a full understanding of surgical middle ear anatomy and 3D relationships between important structures.
- Updated chapter on paragangliomas, offering proven surgical solutions to this difficult pathology according to the authors’ modified classification.
- Revised chapter on subtotal necrosectomy, with treatments for intractable otorrhea in dead ears and other severe pathologies such as extensive Jiquorrhea and meningoencephalitis herniation
- Updated coverage of the remarkable advances in cochlear implant technology for profound sensorineural hearing loss.
- Complete with general operating room principles, anesthesia, and technical considerations, plus guidance on pitfalls, problems, and potential complications, this comprehensive book is an in-depth review of modern middle ear surgery.
- From temporal bone anatomy to canalplasty to the most advanced surgical techniques, it sets the standard as the authoritative reference for all otologic surgeons at all levels of training.
Table of Contents
- Anatomy and Radiology of the Temporal Bone.
- Operating Room Setup.
- General Technical Considerations.
- Decision Making in Middle Ear Surgery.
- Ventilation Tube Insertion.
- General Otosurgical Procedures.
- Preoperative and Postoperative Care.
- External Auditory Canal.
- Simple Mastoidectomy.
- Canal Wall Up (Closed) Tympanoplasty.
- Canal Wall Down (Open) Tympanoplasty.
- Special Considerations Regarding Paraganglioma (Classes A and B).
- Problems and Solutions in Mastoid Surgery.
- Stapes Surgery.
- Obliteration of the Middle Ear (Subtotal Petrosectomy).
- Cochlear Implantation.
- Management of Iatrogenic Injuries.
Middle Ear and Mastoid Microsurgery PDF Download.
You can download Middle Ear and Mastoid Microsurgery PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.