We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Microbiology and Infection Control for Health Professionals PDF 5th Edition.
The only fully Australian ground-up microbiology text with a focus on infection control for nursing and allied health students. This resource aims to provide a comprehensive guide to microbiology, infectious diseases, and infection control. It is suitable for students, clinicians, and educators in the health profession. Microbiology is rapidly changing due to new research, the discovery of new diseases and pathogens, and changes in clinical practice. This edition presents a comprehensive update in new diagnostic techniques and improved guidelines for antibiotic use and infection control. Where appropriate, the emphasis is placed on Australian data, the incidence of diseases in Australia, and Australian guidelines for infection control practices.
Features of Microbiology and Infection Control for Health Professionals.
- Chapter focus questions provide objectives for student learning.
- Spotlight boxes found throughout the text deal with incidents or events that are of general interest.
- Case Histories have been expanded with questions designed to test student understanding.
- Concise Summaries at the end of each chapter and a fully indexed Glossary make student review easy.
- Study Questions allow students to test their understanding at the conclusion of each chapter.
- Test Your Understanding case study questions appear at the end of key chapters for a clinical application of the content.
- Up-to-date statistics, data, and research, based on the most recent Communicable Diseases Network Australia (CDNA) report mean students to study the latest data.
Table Of Content.
UNIT ONE: Fundamental Microbiology
- The invisible world
- Biological reactions in microbial cells
- Genes and biotechnology
- Viruses and viral diseases
- Eucaryotic microorganisms: fungi, protozoa, and multicellular parasites
UNIT TWO: Host-microbe Interactions
- Host-microbe interactions and principles of disease
- Epidemiology: how diseases are spread
- The body’s defense systems
- Pathogenic mechanisms and evasion strategies of microorganisms
UNIT THREE: Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases
- Principles of sterilization and disinfection
- Antimicrobial therapy
- Infection control in healthcare facilities
- Issues in public health
UNIT FOUR: Infections of Body Systems
- Microbial techniques for the diagnosis of infection
- Skin, wound, and eye infections
- Respiratory tract infections
- Gastrointestinal tract infections
- Cardiovascular and multisystem infections
- Infections of the nervous system
- Infections of the urinary and reproductive systems.
Microbiology and Infection Control for Health Professionals PDF Download.
You can download Microbiology and Infection Control for Health Professionals PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.