We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Microbiology Fundamentals: A Clinical Approach PDF 3rd Edition by Jennifer Lusk; M. Kelly Cowan; Heidi Smith.
Cowan’s Microbiology Fundamentals: A Clinical Approach, Third Edition, is a perfect fit for the course. The author team includes a practicing Registered Nurse who shows students how the content on each page relates to their lives and future career.
This updated version incorporates information about the Microbiome throughout the textbook, including a separate boxed feature at the end of each chapter that walks students through how to critically analyze the onslaught of new research findings. To increase student success and critical thinking, “SmartGrid,” a new end-of-chapter feature, organizes questions that assess the major curriculum guidelines outlined by the American Society for Microbiology and represent the increasing levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy of learning.
Features of Microbiology Fundamentals: A Clinical Approach.
- What’s Covered: A solid but accessible introduction to microbiology, this briefer text streamlines core concepts to better fit course length. Its one-column design simplifies reading and leaves ample space for illustrations and clinical content.
- What Makes This Product Unique: Co-author Jennifer Lusk is a practicing nurse whose perspective shows students how the content applies to their lives and future career.
- Digital Tools Available.
Table Of Content.
- Introduction to Microbes and Their Building Blocks.
- Tools of the Laboratory: Methods for the Culturing and Microscopic Analysis of Microorganisms.
- Bacteria and Archaea.
- Eukaryotic Cells and Microorganisms.
- Viral Structure and Life Cycles.
- Microbial Nutrition and Growth.
- Microbial Metabolism.
- Microbial Genetics and Genetic Engineering.
- Physical and Chemical Control of Microbes.
- Antimicrobial Treatment.
- Interactions Between Microbes and Humans.
- Host Defenses I: Overview and Nonspecific Defenses.
- Host Defenses II: Specific Immunity and Immunization.
- Disorders in Immunity.
- Diagnosing Infections.
- Infectious Diseases Affecting the Skin and Eyes.
- Infectious Diseases Affecting the Nervous System.
- Infectious Diseases Affecting the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems.
- Infectious Diseases Affecting the Respiratory Systems.
- Infectious Diseases Affecting the Gastrointestinal Tract.
- Infectious Diseases Affecting the Genitourinary System.
- One Health: The Interconnected Health of the Environment, Humans, and Other Animals.
Microbiology Fundamentals: A Clinical Approach PDF Download.
You can download Microbiology Fundamentals: A Clinical Approach 3rd Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.