We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Microbiological Examination Methods Of Food And Water: A Laboratory Manual PDF 2nd Edition.
Microbiological Examination Methods of Food and Water (2nd edition) is an illustrated laboratory manual that provides an overview of current standard microbiological culture methods for the examination of food and water, adhered to by renowned international organizations, such as ISO, AOAC, APHA, FDA, and FSIS/USDA. It includes methods for the enumeration of indicator microorganisms of general contamination, indicators of hygiene and sanitary conditions, spore-forming, spoilage fungi, and pathogenic bacteria.
Features of Microbiological Examination Methods Of Food And Water.
- Every chapter begins with a comprehensive, in-depth, and updated bibliographic reference on the microorganism(s) dealt with in that particular section of the book. The latest facts on the taxonomic position of each group, genus, or species are given, as well as clear guidelines on how to deal with changes in nomenclature on the internet.
- All chapters provide schematic comparisons between the methods presented, highlighting the main differences and similarities. This allows the user to choose the method that best meets his/her needs. Moreover, each chapter lists validated alternative quick methods, which, though not described in the book, may and can be used for the analysis of the microorganism(s) dealt with in that particular chapter.
- The didactic setup and the visualization of procedures in step-by-step schemes allow the user to quickly perceive and execute the procedure intended. Support material such as drawings, procedure schemes, and laboratory sheets are available for downloading and customization.
- This compendium will serve as an up-to-date practical companion for laboratory professionals, technicians and research scientists, instructors, teachers, and food and water analysts.
- Alimentary engineering, chemistry, biotechnology, and biology (under)graduate students specializing in food sciences will also find the book beneficial. It is furthermore suited for use as a practical/laboratory manual for graduate courses in Food Engineering and Food Microbiology.
Table Of Content.
- Sampling, transport, and storage of samples for analysis
- Preparation of samples for analysis
- Basic plate count techniques for enumeration of microorganisms
- Basic techniques for microbial enumeration by the most probable number (MPN) method
- Basic techniques for the detection of the presence/absence of microorganisms
- Aerobic plate count
- Yeasts and molds
- Total and thermotolerant coliforms and Escherichia coli
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Bacillus cereus
- Clostridium perfringens
- Lactic acid bacteria
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Vibrio cholerae and Vibrio parahaemolyticus
- Yersinia enterocolitica
- Bacterial spore count
- Commercial sterility
- Guidelines on the preparation of culture media
Annex 1. Preparation of media and reagents
Annex 2. Sampling plans and microbiological limits recommended by ICMSF for foods
Microbiological Examination Methods Of Food And Water PDF Download.
You can download the Microbiological Examination Methods Of Food And Water PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.
Medicos Ideas work in the way you do, Smarty. While you are downloading PDFs straight on your device, we want you to grab one more great book and to see you become a better Ebooks Manager. And If you like our work kindly do support us.
Download The Best Standard Book of Microbiology