We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Microbial Physiology PDF 4th Edition by Albert G. Moat, John W. Foster, Michael P. Spector.
The Fourth Edition of Microbial Physiology retains the logical, easy-to-follow organization of the previous editions.
An introduction to cell structure and synthesis of cell components is provided, followed by detailed discussions of genetics, metabolism, growth, and regulation for anyone wishing to understand the mechanisms underlying cell survival and growth.
This comprehensive reference approaches the subject from a modern molecular genetic perspective, incorporating new insights gained from various genome projects.
Features of Microbial Physiology.
- Entirely new chapter on microbial pathogenesis, covering the molecular cellular biology of viruses enabling infection of mammalian cells as well as the genetic factors regulating degeneration of host cells.
- A thorough revision of sections on amino acids and cell division.
- The text reflects new insights gained from genome projects.
- New treatment of these topics: inteins, alternative sigma factors, phage exclusion, synthesis of cell walls membranes, mitochondrial evolution, nitrogen fixation, extremophiles, stationary phase regulation, apoptosis, metal resistance.
Table of Contents.
- Introduction to Microbial Physiology.
- Macromolecular Synthesis and Processing: DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis.
- Bacterial Genetics.
- Techniques of Microbial Genetics, Genomics, and Proteomics.
- Regulation of Prokaryotic Gene Expression.
- Bacteriophage Genetics.
- Cell Structure and Function.
- Central Pathways of Carbohydrate Metabolism.
- Energy Production and Metabolite Transport.
- Metabolism of Substrates Other than Glucose.
- Fermentation Pathways.
- Photosynthesis and Inorganic Metabolism.
- Lipids and Sterols.
- Nitrogen Metabolism.
- Amino Acids.
- Purines and Pyrimidines.
- Bacterial Cell Division.
- Microbial Stress Responses.
- Bacterial Differentiation.
- Mechanism of Microbial Virulence and Pathogenesis.
Microbial Physiology PDF Download
You can download Microbial Physiology PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.