We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of MCQs and EMQs in Surgery A Bailey & Love Revision Guide PDF, Second Edition by Pradip Datta, Christopher John Bulstrode, Iain Nixon.
With over 1000 essential questions, MCQs, and EMQs in Surgery is the ideal self-assessment companion guide to Bailey & Love’s Short Practice in Surgery, 26th edition. The book assists trainee surgeons as they prepare for examinations and enables them to test their knowledge of the principles and practice of surgery as outlined in Bailey & Love.
Features of MCQs and EMQs in Surgery A Bailey & Love Revision Guide.
- Divided into 13 subject-specific sections and written by expert contributors, the MCQs and EMQs provide comprehensive coverage of the current surgical curriculum as well as the core learning points as set out in Bailey & Love.
- The book is ideally suited for the MRCS exam as well as for the first part of the FRCS (General Surgery) and the new Intercollegiate FRCS (International) exams.
- The book emphasizes the importance of self-assessment within the effective clinical examination and soundly based surgical principles while taking into account the latest developments in practice.
- This new edition includes many new contributors and enhanced chapters with answers provided in much greater detail.
- While the book is closely aligned with the content of the celebrated Bailey & Love, it also performs well as a standalone self-test guide and may be used independently.
- MCQs and EMQs in Surgery provide an invaluable revision tool for all candidates studying for the MRCS and FRCS exams.
Table Of Content.
- Metabolic response to trauma.
- Shock and blood transfusion.
- Wounds, tissue repair, and scars.
- Basic surgical skills and anastomoses.
- Surgical infection.
- Surgery in the tropics.
- Principles of laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
- Principles of pediatric surgery.
- Principles of oncology.
- Surgical audit and clinical research.
- Surgical ethics and law.
- Patient safety.
Investigation and diagnosis.
- Diagnostic imaging.
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- Tissue diagnosis.
- Preoperative preparation.
- Anesthesia and pain relief.
- Care in the operating room.
- Perioperative management of the high-risk surgical patient.
- Nutrition and fluid therapy.
- Postoperative care.
- Day case surgery.
- Introduction to trauma.
- Early assessment and management of trauma.
- Emergency neurosurgery.
- Neck and spine.
- Maxillofacial trauma.
- Torso trauma.
- Extremity trauma.
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- Disaster surgery.
- History taking and clinical examination in musculoskeletal disease.
- Sports medicine and sports injuries.
- The spine.
- Upper limb: pathology, assessment, and management.
- Hip and knee.
- Foot and ankle.
- Musculoskeletal tumors.
- Infection of the bones and joints.
- Pediatric orthopedics.
Skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue.
Head and neck.
- Elective neurosurgery.
- The eye and orbit.
- Cleft lip and palate: developmental abnormalities of the face, mouth, and jaws.
- The nose and paranasal sinuses.
- The ear.
- Pharynx, larynx, and neck.
- Oropharyngeal cancer.
- Disorders of the salivary glands.
Breast and endocrine glands.
- The thyroid and parathyroid glands.
- The adrenal glands and other abdominal endocrine disorders.
- The breast.
- Cardiac surgery.
- The thorax.
- Arterial disorders.
- Venous disorders.
- Lymphatic disorders.
- History and examination of the abdomen.
- Abdominal wall, hernia and umbilicus.
- The peritoneum, omentum, mesentery and retroperitoneal space.
- The esophagus.
- Stomach and duodenum.
- Bariatric surgery.
- The liver.
- The spleen.
- The gall bladder and bile ducts.
- The pancreas.
- The small and large intestine.
- Intestinal obstruction.
- The vermiform appendix.
- The rectum.
- The anus and anal canal.
- Urinary symptoms and investigations.
- The kidneys and ureters.
- The urinary bladder.
- The prostate and seminal vesicles.
- Urethra and penis.
- Testis and scrotum.
MCQs and EMQs in Surgery A Bailey & Love Revision Guide PDF Download.
You can download MCQs and EMQs in Surgery A Bailey & Love Revision Guide PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.