We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Mahajan & Gupta Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine 4th Edition PDF.
The fourth edition of the book Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine is thoroughly revised and updated; notably among those are epidemiology, communicable and non-communicable diseases, MCH and family planning, management, demography, and vital statistics, disaster, biomedical waste management, food and nutrition, immunization, geriatrics, communication, and so on.
National Health Programs is thoroughly revised and updated. New data have been incorporated, wherever applicable. THE latest SRS and census data are also included. Various domains that are of importance, both in theory, practice, and viva of MBBS examination are highlighted with examples and justification. Various flowcharts, diagrams, and pictures are introduced for clarity of understanding. This textbook will help the MBBS, postgraduate aspirants, postgraduate students, and students of other public health disciplines.
Features of Mahajan & Gupta Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine.
Here are some of the features of this Indian Social Medicine book: Mahajan & Gupta Textbook of Preventive & Social Medicine 4th Edition.
- This Indian community medicine book is one of the most famous books among Asian students.
- This book has several revisions, the 4th edition being the latest edition now.
- The fourth edition, which is the latest edition is updated with many new/advanced knowledge and illustration, etc.
- Epidemiology, food and nutrition, MCH and family planning, management, demography, and vital statistics, disaster, communicable and non-communicable diseases, biomedical waste management, immunization, geriatrics, communication, etc. National Health Programs have also been thoroughly revised and updated.
- The latest SRS and census data have also been included in the latest 4th edition.
- Various important topics are highlighted with examples and justifications.
- A new illustration and flow charts are added in the latest (fourth) edition.
- Various topics of post-graduation level are added.
- This book is also one of the best resources of MCQ’s type of examination as well as other types of post-graduation entrance tests.
Table of Contents.
- Preliminary Pages.
- Chapter-01 Evolution of Preventive and Social Medicine.
- Chapter-02 Basic Concepts in Community Medicine.
- Chapter-03 Epidemiological Approach in Preventive and Social Medicine.
- Chapter-04 General Epidemiology.
- Chapter-05 Physical Environment: Air.
- Chapter-06 Physical Environment: Water.
- Chapter-07 Physical Environment: Housing.
- Chapter-08 Physical Environment: Wastes and their Disposal.
- Chapter-09 Physical Environment: Place of Work or Occupation (Occupational Health).
- Chapter-10 Environmental Pollution.
- Chapter-11 Biological Environment.
- Chapter-12 Social Environment.
- Chapter-13 Health and Law.
- Chapter-14 Host Factors and Health.
- Chapter-15 General Epidemiology of Communicable Diseases.
- Chapter-16 Respiratory Infections.
- Chapter-17 Water and Food-borne (Alimentary) Infections.
- Chapter-18 Contact Diseases.
- Chapter-19 Arthropod-borne Diseases.
- Chapter-20 Miscellaneous Zoonoses, Other Infections, and Emerging Infections.
- Chapter-21 Epidemiology of Noncommunicable Diseases.
- Chapter-22 Food and Nutrition.
- Chapter-23 Biostatistics.
- Chapter-24 Research Methodology.
- Chapter-25 Demography and Vital Statistics.
- Chapter-26 Health Planning, Administration and Management.
- Chapter-27 Health Economics.
- Chapter-28 Health Care of the Community.
- Chapter-29 Information, Education, Communication and Training in Health.
- Chapter-30 Maternal and Child Health.
- Chapter-31 Family Planning and Population Policy.
- Chapter-32 School Health Services.
- Chapter-33 Geriatrics: Care and Welfare of the Aged.
- Chapter-34 Mental Health.
- Chapter-35 Health Services through General Practitioners.
- Chapter-36 International Health.
- Chapter-37 Biomedical Waste Management.
- Chapter-38 Anthrax and Bioterrorism.
- Chapter-39 Nosocomial Infections.
- Chapter-40 Oral Diseases.
- Chapter-41 Disaster Management.
Mahajan & Gupta Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine PDF Download.
You can download the Mahajan & Gupta Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine 4th Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.