We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Macular Surgery PDF Second Edition by Hugo Quiroz-Mercado.
Macular Surgery, Second Edition serves as a comprehensive and contemporary review of macular diseases and their management. An exhaustive review of the latest proven surgical techniques and therapies for the treatment of macular disorders is provided, with emphasis on proven techniques from extensive reviews of controlled clinical trials. Specific chapters of the book are devoted to age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, macular holes, epiretinal membranes, subretinal hemorrhage, and choroidal neovascularization. An entire section is devoted to the prevention of complications from macular surgery. All chapters are written by leading experts within the field.
Features of Macular Surgery.
- The major strength of this book that would warrant its selection over several others with overlapping information is the authoritative coverage it gives to the basic science behind the treatments and pathologies. The anatomical and histological details that are given make the later discussions of procedures and pathology much easier to understand while making the illustrations and pictures of surgical techniques that much more understandable.
- On that note, the illustration program should also be commended as there are many discussions throughout the text which require an illustration for the reader to make sense of a physiological process or developmental stage.
- It is in these places in the text where a well-drawn illustration is able to take the place of several paragraphs of text which certainly could not be included in a non-exhaustive volume such as this one.
- Another area in which this text makes special strides is in the closing chapters which keep an eye out for future developments and will help practitioners recognize what kinds of macular therapies will likely be coming their way in the next few decades as progress continues.
- Genetic treatment of retinal diseases is certainly one of those areas which will offer many benefits to patients but which will take some time in getting to the clinic. Nonetheless, there is an interesting chapter discussing some of the specifics of the therapy which will keep clinicians looking ahead for improved treatment options.
- Since nearly all Ophthalmologists will treat patients with macular disorders on a routine basis, this text will find a large audience in need of its unique approach to dealing with these issues.
- Trainees and other eye care professionals will also want to reference the basic science chapters for a superb introduction to the anatomy of the eye-specific to the macular region.
Macular Surgery Second Edition PDF Download.
You can download Macular Surgery Second Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.