We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Macleod’s Clinical Examination 14th Edition PDF.
This classic textbook aims to assist clinicians to develop the consultation skills required to elicit a clear history, and the practical skills needed to detect clinical signs of disease. Where possible, the physical basis of clinical signs is explained to aid understanding. Formulation of a differential diagnosis from the information gained is introduced, and logical initial investigations are included for each system.
Features of Macleod’s Clinical Examination.
- The first part of the book addresses the general principles of good interaction with patients, from the basics of taking a history and examining, to the use of pattern recognition to identify spot diagnoses.
- The second part documents the relevant history, examination, and investigations for all the major body systems.
- The third part illustrates the application of these skills to specific clinical situations.
- The final part covers preparation for assessments of clinical skills and the use of these skills in everyday practice.
- The book has accompanying videos demonstrating many of the key clinical examination routines as set out in the book.
Table of Contents.
Section 1: Principles of Clinical History and Examination.
- Managing clinical encounters with patients.
- General aspects of history taking.
- The value of initial observations.
Section 2: System-based Examination.
- The Cardiovascular System.
- The Respiratory System.
- The Gastrointestinal System.
- The Nervous System.
- The Visual System.
- The Ear, Nose & Throat.
- The Endocrine System.
- The Reproductive System.
- The Renal System.
- The Musculoskeletal System.
- The Skin, Hair, And Nails.
Section 3: Applying History and Examination Skills in Specific Situations.
- Babies and Children.
- Patients with mental illness and learning disability.
- The frail elderly.
- Examining the deteriorating patient.
- History and examination towards the end of life.
Section 4: Putting History and Examination skills to Use.
- Preparing for assessments of clinical skills.
- Preparing for practice.
Macleod’s Clinical Examination PDF Download.
You can download the Macleod’s Clinical Examination PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.