We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Lecture Notes Epidemiology, Evidence-based Medicine and Public Health PDF 6th Edition.
This sixth edition of the best-selling Epidemiology, Evidence-based Medicine and Public Health Lecture Notes equips students and health professionals with the basic tools required to learn, practice and teach epidemiology and health prevention in a contemporary setting.
The first section, ‘Epidemiology’, introduces the fundamental principles and scientific basis behind work to improve the health of populations, including a new chapter on genetic epidemiology. Applying the current and best scientific evidence to treatment at both individual and population level is intrinsically linked to epidemiology and public health, and has been introduced in a brand new second section: ‘Evidence-based Medicine’ (EBM), with advice on how to incorporate EBM principles into your own practice. The third section, ‘Public Health’, introduces students to public health practice, including strategies and tools used to prevent disease, prolong life, reduce inequalities, and includes global health.
Features of Lecture Notes Epidemiology, Evidence-based Medicine and Public Health.
- Learning objectives and key points in every chapter.
- Extended coverage of critical appraisal and data interpretation.
- A brand new self-assessment section of SAQs and True/False questions for each topic.
- A glossary to quickly identify the meaning of key terms, all of which are highlighted for study and exam preparation.
- Further reading suggestions on each topic.
- Whether approaching these topics for the first time, starting a special study module or placement, or looking for a quick-reference summary, this book offers medical students, junior doctors, and public health students an invaluable collection of theoretical and practical information.
Table of Contents.
Part 1: Epidemiology.
- Epidemiology: Defining Disease and Normality.
- Measuring and Summarising Data.
- Epidemiological Concepts.
- Statistical Inference, Confidence Intervals, and P-values.
- Observational Studies.
- Genetic Epidemiology.
- Investigating Causes of Disease.
Part 2: Evidence-based Medicine.
- An Overview of Evidence-based Medicine.
- Systematic Reviews and Meta-analysis.
- Health Economics.
- Audit, Research Ethics, and Research Governance.
Part 3: Public Health.
- Public Health.
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Surveillance.
- Inequalities in Health.
- Health Improvement.
- Evaluating Public Health and Complex Interventions.
- Health Care Targets.
- Global Health.
Lecture Notes Epidemiology, Evidence-based Medicine and Public Health PDF Download.
You can download Lecture Notes Epidemiology, Evidence-based Medicine, and Public Health PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.