We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Last’s Anatomy Regional and Applied PDF 12th Edition.
This regional textbook of anatomy is aimed at trainee surgeons and medical students. Throughout it is rich in applied clinical content, knowledge of which is essential for both clinical examination and surgical procedures. Although regional in approach each chapter is structured to clearly explain the structure and function of the component systems. The author brings his continuing experience of teaching anatomy to trainee surgeons to ensure the contents reflects the changing emphasis of anatomical knowledge now required.
Features of Last’s Anatomy Regional and Applied.
- For the first time in its publication history, all the illustrations in the previous (eleventh) edition of Last’s Anatomy appeared in full colour. This development transformed the illustrations and received a very favourable readership response.
- In the light of such evaluation, the publication of a twelfth edition has provided the opportunity to augment the illustrations in the book by the inclusion of new photographs depicting the anatomy of clinical, endoscopic and surgical relevance and additional photographs of prosections.
- Where necessary the colour, tone, shade and contrast of existing illustrations have been enhanced. Colour consistency for related structures has been maintained throughout to ensure ease of cross-reference from one illustration to another.
- The text has been wholly reviewed and refinements made where required in the interests of relevance and readability.
- The anatomy of surgical approaches has been updated in light of the continuing evolution of surgical practice, advances in laparoscopic surgery and the increasing scope of minimal access procedures. The limited field of vision provided by these latter techniques emphasises the need for reliable knowledge of regional anatomy and structural relationships.
- Eponyms in common clinical use have been added. Curricular reforms and changes to surgical training programmes have resulted in a reduction of anatomy study time and prosection experience for medical students, and in difficulties encountered by surgical trainees in including anatomy demonstratorships in their career pathways.
- These developments have reiterated the continuing need for a regionally arranged, clinically and surgically relevant anatomy textbook appropriate for both undergraduate study and postgraduate utilisation.
- The twelfth edition of Last’s Anatomy aims to fulfil this role and be of value to medical students, surgical trainees and practising surgeons.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction To Regional Anatomy.
- Chapter 2: Upper Limb.
- Chapter 3: Lower Limb.
- Chapter 4: Thorax.
- Chapter 5: Abdomen.
- Chapter 6: Head And Neck And Spine.
- Chapter 7: Central Nervous System.
- Chapter 8: Osteology Of The Skull And Hyoid Bone.
Last’s Anatomy Regional and Applied PDF Download
You can download Last’s Anatomy Regional and Applied PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.