We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Lange Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine PDF 8th Edition.
The goal of this trusted text is to introduce you to clinical medicine by reviewing the pathophysiologic basis of 132 diseases (and associated signs and symptoms) commonly encountered in medical practice. The authors, all experts in their respective fields, have provided a concise review of the relevant normal structure and function of each body system, followed by a description of the pathophysiologic mechanisms that underlie several common diseases related to that system. The accessible presentation features high-quality full-color illustrations, and numerous tables and diagrams.
Each chapter of Pathophysiology of Disease concludes with a collection of case studies and questions designed to test your understanding of the pathophysiology of each clinical entity discussed. These case studies allow you to apply your knowledge to specific clinical situations. Detailed answers to each case study question are provided at the end of the book.
Features of Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine.
- Twelve additional case studies, bringing the total to 132, one for each of the clinical entities discussed in the book’s 24 chapters.
- More than 2/3 of the chapters are enhanced and refreshed by the input of new contributors.
- Totally revised chapter on neoplasia.
- New chapter sections on urticaria, spinocerebellar ataxia, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, and spondyloarthropathies.
- New tables summarizing adverse prognostic signs in acute pancreatitis, genetic syndromes associated with pancreatic cancer, and causes of end-stage renal disease.
- New diagnosis and etiologic classification of diabetes mellitus, and review of mechanisms of newest pharmacologic agents for its treatment.
- Updates on fine-needle aspiration biopsy of thyroid nodules, and thyroid disorders in pregnancy.
- Updated references throughout the book.
Table of Contents.
- Chapter 1: Introduction.
- Chapter 2: Genetic Disease.
- Chapter 3: Disorders of the Immune System.
- Chapter 4: Infectious Diseases.
- Chapter 5: Neoplasia.
- Chapter 6: Blood Disorders.
- Chapter 7: Nervous System Disorders.
- Chapter 8: Diseases of the Skin.
- Chapter 9: Pulmonary Disease.
- Chapter 10: Cardiovascular Disorders: Heart Disease.
- Chapter 11: Cardiovascular Disorders: Vascular Disease.
- Chapter 12: Disorders of the Adrenal Medulla.
- Chapter 13: Gastrointestinal Disease.
- Chapter 14: Liver Disease.
- Chapter 15: Disorders of the Exocrine Pancreas.
- Chapter 16: Renal Disease.
- Chapter 17: Disorders of the Parathyroids & Calcium and Phosphorus Metabolism.
- Chapter 18: Disorders of the Endocrine Pancreas.
- Chapter 19: Disorders of the Hypothalamus & Pituitary Gland.
- Chapter 20: Thyroid Disease.
- Chapter 21: Disorders of the Adrenal Cortex.
- Chapter 22: Disorders of the Female Reproductive Tract.
- Chapter 23: Disorders of the Male Reproductive Tract.
- Chapter 24: Inflammatory Rheumatic Diseases.
Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine PDF Download.
You can download Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.