We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology: Applications to Patient Care PDF 12th Edition by Josephine Morello and Paul Granato and Verna Morton.
This lab manual emphasizes the basic principles of diagnostic microbiology for students preparing to enter the allied health field. Students are led through a series of exercises that allow them to learn basic microbiology techniques and practice safety in the laboratory and hospital environment. It is primarily oriented toward meeting the interests and needs of those who will be directly involved in patient care and wish to learn how microbiological principles should be applied.
Features of Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology.
The authors have emphasized the purposes and function of the clinical microbiology laboratory in the diagnosis of infectious diseases. The exercises illustrate as simply as possible the nature of laboratory procedures used for isolation and identification of infectious agents as well as the principles of asepsis disinfection and sterilization. Attention is given to the role of the health professional in regard to the appropriate collection of clinical specimens and the applications of aseptic and disinfectant techniques as they relate to patient care.
Table Of Content.
- The Microscope
- Handling and Examining Cultures
- Simple Stains, Hanging Drop, and Wet-Mount Preparations
- Gram Stain
- Acid-Fast Stain
- Culture Media
- Streaking Technique to Obtain Pure Cultures
- Subculture Techniques
- Moist and Dry Heat
- The Autoclave
- Antimicrobial Agent Susceptibility Testing and Resistance
- Primary Media for Isolation of Microorganisms
- Some Metabolic Activities of Bacteria
- Activities of Bacterial Enzymes
- Antigen Immunoassays for Detection and Identification of Microorganisms
- Principles of Nucleic Acid Assays for Multiplex Syndrome Panel Testing for the Diagnosis of Infectious Disease
- Principles and Applications of MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry for the Rapid Identification of Bacteria and
- Streptococci, Pneumococci, and Enterococci
- Haemophilus, Corynebacteria, and Bordetella
- Clinical Specimens from the Respiratory Tract
- The Enterobacteriaceae (Enteric Bacilli) and Other Clinically Important Gram-Negative Bacilli
- Clinical Specimens from the Intestinal Tract
- Urine Culture Techniques
- Neisseria and Spirochetes
- Clinical Specimens from Blood
- Anaerobic Bacteria
- Mycoplasmas, Rickettsiae, Chlamydiae, Viruses, and Prions
- Fungi: Yeasts and Molds
- Protozoa and Animal Parasites
- Serodiagnosis of Infectious Disease
- Principles and Practices of Infection Prevention
Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology PDF Download.
You can download Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology: Applications to Patient Care 12th Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.
Medicos Ideas work in the way you do, Smarty. While you are downloading PDFs straight on your device, we want you to grab one more great book and to see you become a better Ebooks Manager. And If you like our work kindly do support us.
Download The Best Standard Book of Microbiology