We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of KD Tripathi Essentials of Medical Pharmacology 8th Edition PDF.
Pharmacology is a very important and basic subject in medical science. Because without knowing the mechanism, action, adverse effects, and uses of drugs you will never prescribe drugs to the patient. Pharmacology is a very rapidly growing field and new drugs have been developed for newly arising diseases.
The book has written by Indian professor KD Tripathi. One of the leading selling books of pharmacology. Seven editions are published. The new edition is completely revised and updated with new drugs. KD Tripathi Pharmacology pdf highly recommended and the best book for every board examination. Medical students mostly used KD Tripathi Pharmacology because it can be memorized easily. More about the book read the features.
Features of KD Tripathi Essentials of Medical Pharmacology.
- Revised and updated chapters including new drugs and latest treatment guidelines. Wide range of topics from basic pharmacological concepts to practical therapeutics.
- A new chapter on ‘Nitric Oxide and Vasoactive Peptide Signal Molecules’; has been added along with novel drugs that act by modifying action/turnover of these molecules.
- Priority has been accorded to drugs that are marked in India and their leading brand names are mentioned along with dosage forms. List of abbreviations provided at the beginning of the book. All recently released drugs are included.
- Eye-catching drug classification charts help create pictorial memory. Several new figures, charts, tables, and highlight boxes have been added. Focus on ‘evidence-based medicine’ by extensive reference to credible studies and endpoint trials.
- India-specific information on diseases, drugs, and treatment guidelines, particularly for TB, leprosy, HIV-AIDS, malaria, kala-azar, etc. Therapeutic recommendations from eminent professional bodies and organizations.
- The ‘Problem Directed Study’ at the end of most chapters provides an exercise in therapeutic decision making. Includes Appendices on Solution to Problem Directed Study; Prescribing in Pregnancy; Drugs in Breastfeeding; and Drugs and Fixed-Dose Combinations Banned in India. A brief list of useful references for further reading is provided at the end of the book.
Table Of Content
Section 1. General Pharmacological Principles.
- Introduction, Routes of Drug Administration.
- Pharmacokinetics: Membrane Transport, Absorption, and Distribution of Drugs.
- Pharmacokinetics: Metabolism and Excretion of Drugs, Kinetics of Elimination.
- Pharmacodynamics: Mechanism of Drug Action; Receptor Pharmacology.
- Aspects of Pharmacotherapy, Clinical Pharmacology, and Drug Development.
- Adverse Drug Effects.
Section 2. Drugs Acting on Autonomic Nervous System.
- Autonomic Nervous System: General Considerations.
- Cholinergic System and Drugs.
- Anticholinergic Drugs and Drugs Acting on Autonomic Ganglia.
- Adrenergic System and Drugs.
- Antiadrenergic Drugs (Adrenergic Receptor Antagonists) and Drugs for Glaucoma.
Section 3 Autacoids and Related Drugs.
- Histamine and Antihistaminics.
- 5-Hydroxytryptamine, its Antagonists, and Drug Therapy of Migraine.
- Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes (Eicosanoids), and Platelet Activating Factor.
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs and Antipyretic-Analgesics.
- Antirheumatoid and Antigout Drugs.
Section 4 Respiratory System Drugs.
- Drugs for Cough and Bronchial Asthma.
Section 5 Hormones and Related Drugs.
- Anterior Pituitary Hormones.
- Thyroid Hormone and Thyroid Inhibitors.
- Insulin, Oral Hypoglycaemic Drugs, and Glucagon.
- Androgens and Drugs for Erectile Dysfunction.
- Estrogens, Progestins, and Contraceptives.
- Oxytocin and Other Drugs Acting on Uterus.
- Drugs Affecting Calcium Balance.
Section 6 Drugs Acting on Peripheral (Somatic) Nervous System.
- Skeletal Muscle Relaxants.
- Local Anaesthetics.
Section 7 Drugs Acting on Central Nervous System.
- General Anaesthetics.
- Ethyl and Methyl Alcohols.
- Antiepileptic Drugs.
- Antiparkinsonian Drugs.
- Drugs Used in Mental Illness: Antipsychotic and Antimanic Drugs.
- Drugs Used in Mental Illness: Antidepressant and Antianxiety Drugs.
- Opioid Analgesics and Antagonists.
- CNS Stimulants and Cognition Enhancers.
KD Tripathi Essentials of Medical Pharmacology PDF Download
You can download KD Tripathi Essentials of Medical Pharmacology 8th Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.