We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of KARGER Glaucoma Surgery 2nd, revised, and Extended Edition.
The book starts with a discussion of current achievements and limitations of the medical therapy of glaucoma. The focus is then placed on conventional glaucoma procedures such as trabeculectomy, deep sclerectomy, and glaucoma drainage device surgery.
Features of Glaucoma Surgery.
- A chapter is dedicated to the postoperative management of filtering procedures. Further chapters review the role of the ocular surface and the issue of modulation of the scarring processes in glaucoma surgery. The second section covers some promising new devices and techniques.
- The final part addresses the surgical approaches to some specific clinical challenges: angle-closure glaucoma, concomitant cataract and glaucoma, pediatric glaucoma, and refractory glaucomas.
- This volume provides residents and general ophthalmologists with valuable new insights into the fascinating and sometimes complex aspects of glaucoma surgery. It will also assist glaucoma specialists when they review and validate therapeutic approaches with their patients.
Table Of Content.
- Achievements and Limits of Current Medical Therapy of Glaucoma.
- Enhanced Trabeculectomy: The Moorfields Safer Surgery System.
- Deep sclerectomy.
- Glaucoma Drainage Implant Surgery.
- Postoperative Management of Penetrating and Nonpenetrating External Filtering Procedures.
- Ocular Surface and External Filtration Surgery: Mutual Relationships.
- Wound Healing and Glaucoma Surgery: Modulating the Scarring Process with Conventional Antimetabolites and New Molecules.
- Mini Drainage Devices for Anterior and Intermediate Filtration.
- Laser-Assisted Techniques for Penetrating and Nonpenetrating Glaucoma Surgery.
- Viscocanalostomy and Canaloplasty: ab Externo Schlemm’s Canal Surgery.
- Ab Interno Schlemm’s Canal Surgery.
- Surgical Treatment of Angle-Closure Glaucoma.
- Management of Concomitant Cataract and Glaucoma.
- Surgical Management of Pediatric Glaucoma.
- When Should We Give Up Filtration Surgery: Indications, Techniques, and Results of Cyclodestruction.
- Subject Index.