We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of K Park’s Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine 25 Edition PDF.
The book is a must-read for community medicine in the third year since it is the most widely used book by MBBS students. The Epidemiology, Screening for disease, Epidemiology of communicable diseases, and chronic non-communicable diseases are usually focused on the exams.
The Index starts with 22 Sections each featuring the chapters, in total in over 942 pages. The book is more closely related to medicine and is a must-read if you want to establish your base for medicine in the fourth year of MBBS. However, you will realize you have actually studied most of it during your previous semesters. The Epidemiology section though kind of irritates but is easy if you can mug up things fast.
Suggestions to those who are looking forward to establishing a clinical understanding of Community Medicine are as follows:
- Read up everything, even if you are not in a mood to mug up. It will clear out some concepts and some things are bound to stay in your long-term memory.
- Focus on the diseases more, they will be coming soon in your fourth yearMBBS. The initial epidemiology chapters are not useful to be precise.
- Make up a habit of co-relating everything and you will find the book is almost everything you already know.
- Sometimes the ones who make question papers might drop you weird questions, like the Swine flu. You have to be aware of current ongoing things too. If you need help, the following are some posts that can greatly help you understand clinical medicine. They have been made short but explained to the level of a medical student.
Table of Contents.
- Man and Medicine: Towards Health For All.
- Concept of Health and Disease.
- Principles of Epidemiology and Epidemiologic Methods.
- Screening for Disease.
- Epidemiology of Communicable Diseases.
- Epidemiology of Chronic Non-Communicable Diseases and Conditions.
- Health Programmes in India.
- Demography and Family Planning.
- Preventive Medicine in Obstetrics, Pediatrics, and Geriatrics.
- Nutrition and Health.
- Medicine and Social Sciences.
- Environment and Health.
- Hospital Waste Management.
- Disaster Management.
- Occupational Health.
- Genetics and Health.
- Mental Health.
- Health Information and Basic Medical Statistics.
- Communication for Health Education.
- Health Planning and Management.
- Healthcare of the Community.
- International Health.
K Park’s Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine PDF Download.
You can download the K Park’s Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine 25 Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.