We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Medical Biochemistry PDF 5th Edition by John Baynes, Marek Dominiczak.
Now fully revised, this acclaimed textbook efficiently links basic biochemistry with the day-to-day practice of medicine.
You will learn basic science concepts and see them illustrated by clinical cases that describe patients you will likely encounter in your clinical training. You will also learn about the use of laboratory tests to diagnose and monitor the most important conditions.
Features of Medical Biochemistry.
Brought to you in a thorough yet accessible manner, this new edition of Medical Biochemistry highlights the latest developments in regulatory and molecular biology, signal transduction, biochemistry and biomarkers of chronic disease, and bioinformatics and the ‘-omics’. It highlights the most important global medical issues: diabetes mellitus, obesity and malnutrition, cancer, and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, and addresses the role of nutrition and exercise in medicine.
Table of Contents.
Section 1: Introduction
- Chapter 1: Introduction
Section 2: Molecules and Cells.
- Chapter 2: Amino Acids and Proteins.
- Chapter 3: Carbohydrates and Lipids.
- Chapter 4: Membranes and Transport.
Section 3: Metabolism.
- Chapter 5: Hemoglobin and oxygen transport.
- Chapter 6: Catalytic Proteins – Enzymes.
- Chapter 7: Vitamins and Minerals.
- Chapter 8: Bioenergetics and Oxidative Metabolism.
- Chapter 9: Anaerobic metabolism of glucose carbohydrates in the red blood cell.
- Chapter 10: The Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle.
- Chapter 11: Oxidative Metabolism of Lipids in Liver and Muscle.
- Chapter 12: Biosynthesis and Storage of Carbohydrates in Liver and Muscle.
- Chapter 13: Biosynthesis and Storage of Fatty Acids.
- Chapter 14: Biosynthesis of Cholesterol and Steroids.
- Chapter 15: Biosynthesis and Degradation of Amino Acids.
- Chapter 16: Biosynthesis and Degradation of Nucleotides.
- Chapter 17: Complex Carbohydrates: Glycoproteins.
- Chapter 18: Complex Lipids.
- Chapter 19: The Extracellular Matrix.
Section 4: Molecular basis of inheritance.
- Chapter 20: Deoxyribonucleic Acid
- Chapter 21: Ribonucleic Acid.
- Chapter 22: Protein Synthesis and Turnover.
- Chapter 23: Regulation of Gene Expression: Basic Mechanisms.
- Chapter 24: Genomics, Proteomics, and Metabolomics.
Section 5: Signalling and Growth.
- Chapter 25: Membrane Receptors and Signal Transduction.
- Chapter 26: Neurotransmitters.
- Chapter 27: Biochemical Endocrinology.
- Chapter 28: Cellular Homeostasis: Cell Growth and Cancer.
- Chapter 29: Aging.
Section 6: Fuels Nutrients and Minerals.
- Chapter 30: Digestion and Absorption of Nutrients: The Gastrointestinal Tract.
- Chapter 31: Glucose Homeostasis and Fuel Metabolism: Diabetes Mellitus.
- Chapter 32: “Nutrients and diets”.
- Chapter 33: Lipoprotein Metabolism and Atherogenesis.
Section 7: Specialized Tissues and Their Function.
- Chapter 34: The Role of the Liver in Metabolism.
- Chapter 35: Water and Electrolytes Homeostasis.
- Chapter 36: Lung and the Regulation of Hydrogen Ion Concentration (Acid-Base Balance).
- Chapter 37: Muscle: Energy Metabolism and Contraction Exercise.
- Chapter 38: Bone Metabolism and Calcium Homeostasis.
- Chapter 39: Neurochemistry.
Section 8: Blood and Immunity.
- Chapter 40: Blood and Plasma Proteins.
- Chapter 41: Haemostasis and Thrombosis.
- Chapter 42: Oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Chapter 43: The Immune Response: Innate and adaptive immunity.
Medical Biochemistry PDF Download
You can download Medical Biochemistry PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.