We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Humana Press Hypertension and Stroke: Pathophysiology and Management PDF 2nd Edition.
The second edition of this work continues to address the intimate pathophysiologic relationship between hypertension and stroke.
The editors and authors clearly and concisely synthesize our developing knowledge of this relationship and place epidemiologic and physiologic information into a practical clinical context.
Features of Hypertension and Stroke: Pathophysiology and Management
- Comprehensive chapters present the evidence supporting strategies for stroke prevention and care, including blood pressure-lowering therapies, anti-coagulation, and management of other cerebrovascular risk factors.
- In addition to prescriptive measures for first stroke prevention, the book illuminates current regimens for care immediately after acute stroke and for the prevention of recurrent stroke.
- This latest edition also features extensively updated chapters from the previous edition, as well as new chapters on the effects of hypertension and stroke on the cerebral vasculature, blood pressure management in subarachnoid hemorrhage, and blood pressure variability, antihypertensive therapy, and stroke risk.
- Written by experts in the field, Hypertension, and Stroke: Pathophysiology and Management, Second Edition is of great utility for specialists in neurology and cardiovascular medicine and a valuable practical resource for all physicians caring for older adults and hypertensive patients.
Table of Contents.
- Blood Pressure: Definition, Diagnosis, and Management.
- The Link Between Hypertension and Stroke: Summary of Observational Epidemiological Studies.
- Blood Pressure Control and Primary Prevention of Stroke: Summary of Clinical Trial Data.
- Mechanisms Underlying Essential Hypertension: Neurogenic and Non-neurogenic Contributors.
- The Effects of Hypertension and Stroke on the Cerebral Vasculature.
- Pathophysiology and Mechanisms Whereby Hypertension May Cause Stroke.
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment, Summary of Guidelines for the Management of Hypertension and a Critical. Appraisal of the 2014 Expert Panel of the National Institutes of Health Report.
- Acute Blood Pressure Management After Ischemic Stroke.
- Hypertensive Encephalopathy, Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome, and Eclampsia.
- Acute Blood Pressure Management After Intracerebral Hemorrhage.
- Blood Pressure Management in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage: The Role of Blood Pressure Manipulation in Prevention of Rebleeding and the Management of Vasospasm.
- Recurrent Stroke Prevention: Diuretic and Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors (ACEIs)—The PROGRESS Trial.
- Blood Pressure Variability, Antihypertensive Therapy, and Stroke Risk.
- A Review of Antihypertensive Drugs and Choosing the Right Antihypertensive for Recurrent Stroke Prevention
- Vascular Cognitive Impairment and Alzheimer Disease: Are These Disorders Linked to Hypertension and Other Cardiovascular Risk Factors?
- Hypertension, Cerebral Small Vessel Disease, and Cognitive Function.
- Cerebral Microbleeds, Small-Vessel Disease of the Brain, Hypertension, and Cognition.
- Neuroimaging of Hypertension and Related Cerebral Pathology.
Hypertension and Stroke: Pathophysiology and Management PDF Download
You can download Hypertension and Stroke: Pathophysiology and Management PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.