We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of History of Anatomy: An International Perspective PDF.
Knowledge of human anatomy has not always been an essential component of medical education and practice. Most European medical schools did not emphasize anatomy in their curricula until the post-Renaissance era; current knowledge was largely produced between the 16th and 20th centuries.
Although not all cultures throughout history have viewed anatomy as fundamental to medicine, most have formed ideas about the internal and external mechanisms of the body—influences on the field of anatomy that are often overlooked by scholars and practitioners of Western medicine. History of Anatomy: An International Perspective explores the global and ancient origins of our modern-day understanding of anatomy, presenting detailed biographies of anatomists from varied cultural and historical settings. Examining both celebrated and lesser-known figures, this comprehensive work examines their contributions to the discipline and helps readers develop a global perspective on a cornerstone of modern medicine and surgery.
Features of History of Anatomy: An International Perspective
- Chapters organized by geographic region, including Africa, the Middle East, and Europe, review the lives of those that helped shape our current understanding of the human form.
- Offers a comprehensive and multidisciplinary examination of the history of anatomy.
- Traces the emergence of modern knowledge of anatomy from ancient roots to the modern era.
- Fills a gap in the current literature on global perspectives on the history of anatomy.
- Written by an internationally recognized team of practicing physicians and scholars.
Table of Contents
- Middle East
- North America
History of Anatomy: An International Perspective PDF Download
You can download History of Anatomy: An International Perspective PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.